Thread: NMRA Bradenton * Videos * Finals, Highlights

1. NMRA Bradenton * Videos * Finals, Highlights

Sunday Videos

Eliminations Round 1 - Part 1 of 3 - Pure Street & Drag Radial - Click Here

Eliminations Round 1 - Part 2 of 3 - Pro Outlaw 10.5, Super Street Outlaw and EFI Renegade - Click Here

Eliminations Round 1 - Part 3 of 3 - Hot Street, Real Street, and Factory Stock - Click Here

Sunday Highlights - Jason Lee ducks under the 8's, Jonathon Magic shows us what grassroots racing is all about, and Dwayne James explains the importance of fire safety after a huge fire in Elims - Click Here

Final Round Eliminations - Factory Stock, Real Street, Pure Street, EFI Renegade, Drag Radial, Hot Street, Super Street Outlaw, and Outlaw 10.5 - Click Here

Friday Videos

Qualifying Round 1 - Part 1 - Factory Stock, Pure Street, Real Street, Drag Radial - Click Here

Qualifying Round 1 - Part 2 - Hot Street, EFI Renegade, Super Street Outlaw, Pro Outlaw 10.5 - Click Here

Friday Highlights - We talk with Don Bowles, Sonny Biggs, & AJ Powell - Click Here

Saturday Videos

Qualifying Round 3 - Part 1 - Pro Outlaw 10.5, Super Street Outlaw, EFI Renegade, & Hot Street
    Click Here

Qualifying Round 3 - Part 2 - Drag Radial, Real Street, Pure Street, Factory Stock - Click Here

In The Driver's Seat with John Urist - We strap a camera to Urist's helmet as he makes a pass at 180+ MPH - Click Here

Saturday Highlights - Day 2 here in Florida, we got all of todays action from breakages, wheel stands, record passes and finally a recap on todays Eliminations - Click Here

Mike Murillo and SCT Team Up - Click Here

Re: NMRA Bradenton * Videos * Finals, Highlights

Finally going to speak my mind on these event videos.... As usual, you pay no attention to anything but the top 8 classes, and post ZERO videos of the bottom 3 classes. There were more cars in Bradenton in the bottom 3 classes (65) than in the top 8 classes combined (62). I hate to break the news to you guys, but people out here care as much about a class with 25 entries, as they do a Hot Street class that has 5. Not one video of any qualifying runs and ZERO videos of the finals from the 3 bottom classes where over half of your racers are entered. Show some respect to the people that pay not only YOUR bills, but your vendors bills as well. Maybe you dont want to show them on StangTV, and I guess thats your right. But look who fills your pits at every event.... Not everyone has a $200,000 racing operation, but that doesn't mean they are not there.
    Last edited by racingumby; 03-12-2009 at 06:43 AM.
    O/C #9670
    MM #7967

Lightbulb Re: NMRA Bradenton * Videos * Finals, Highlights

It's always nice to see yourself in online videos.

So I have to agree a little with the previous post. Maybe blanket 1st round coverage of all classes and at least the Finals would be cool.
    Chris Parisi
    2011 NMRA JDM Super Stang Series Runner-Up
    2010 NMRA JDM Super Stang World Champion
    2009 NMRA JDM Super Stang World Champion
    2008 Gainesville Raceway T/S Track Champion
    2007 FFW Ultra Stang World Champion
    2006 FFW Four-Six Frenzy World Champion
    2003 Jax Raceways Sportsman Track Champion
    2000 Gainesville Raceway Sportsman Track Champion

4. Re: NMRA Bradenton * Videos * Finals, Highlights

Gumby:

StangTV isn't owned by the NMRA, and they don't control what we film, so I want to make sure you know that we you say "YOU" they shouldn't be indicted. ProMedia has done a great job giving extensive coverage to the Open Comp and Modular-style classes through Race Pages.

The reason we don't cover the OC-classes with video just comes down to the fact that we did it in the past and the coverage was not watched much at all. We can't afford to send extra staff to shoot more video when it only has a small audience.

We appreciate everything the OC-style classes contribute to the series, but at the time, as a media partner, we have to shoot video of things that have proven to have an audience.

Any ideas on how we can make the OC coverage more appealing to the general Mustang enthusiast?

James

Quote Originally Posted by racingumby View Post
    Finally going to speak my mind on these event videos.... As usual, you pay no attention to anything but the top 8 classes, and post ZERO videos of the bottom 3 classes. There were more cars in Bradenton in the bottom 3 classes (65) than in the top 8 classes combined (62). I hate to break the news to you guys, but people out here care as much about a class with 25 entries, as they do a Hot Street class that has 5. Not one video of any qualifying runs and ZERO videos of the finals from the 3 bottom classes where over half of your racers are entered. Show some respect to the people that pay not only YOUR bills, but your vendors bills as well. Maybe you dont want to show them on StangTV, and I guess thats your right. But look who fills your pits at every event.... Not everyone has a $200,000 racing operation, but that doesn't mean they are not there.

Thumbs up Re: NMRA Bradenton * Videos * Finals, Highlights

Quote Originally Posted by powerjames View Post
    Gumby:

Any ideas on how we can make the OC coverage more appealing to the general Mustang enthusiast?

James

Get some Models out on the starting line in bikinis!
    Chris Parisi
    2011 NMRA JDM Super Stang Series Runner-Up
    2010 NMRA JDM Super Stang World Champion
    2009 NMRA JDM Super Stang World Champion
    2008 Gainesville Raceway T/S Track Champion
    2007 FFW Ultra Stang World Champion
    2006 FFW Four-Six Frenzy World Champion
    2003 Jax Raceways Sportsman Track Champion
    2000 Gainesville Raceway Sportsman Track Champion

James,
    I understand the NMRA and StangTV are not one entity. And your right, the only place to ever get any decent coverage for these classes is in RacePages. But, that's not my point... You already have guys shooting film out on the line, why do the cameras go off when the "red headed step kids" of the NMRA come up to the line?? These cars represented over half the total car count at Bradenton and you didn't shoot one piece of video on them. You don't see any problems with that?? If one of the issues is about having extra staff shooting as you said, why the heck would you pay someone to shoot a 5 car Hot Street class?? The new Maverick from the Roush camp was great, but you already did a separate piece on them.....

I damn sure don't have any place to tell you what you have to do with your business, and I apologize if that's how this comes off. But there are way more of us out here than you think. I already had 5 emails from other racers in these classes thanking me for what I posted this am. That might not mean a hill of beans to you guys, but it let me know that I was not alone in my thoughts.

I will continue to watch StangTV for event coverage, I think you do a great job for the most part. I just wish you realized not everyone on here races in Outlaw 10.5 or SSO.
    Thanks
    Mike
    Last edited by racingumby; 03-12-2009 at 10:19 AM.
    O/C #9670
    MM #7967

you are right mike. i would rather watch talented drivers rather than rich drivers

So what you are saying is that it takes no talent to drive a 1700hp car on 10.5 in wide tires? All you have to do is be rich!!!I have news my Friend alot of the guys that run sso(Such As Myself) are not rich they are dedicated and work really hard.So please choose your words wisely
    Billy Driscoll
    sso 2142

9. Re: NMRA Bradenton * Videos * Finals, Highlights

Mike,

I'm not offended by your comments, no reason to apologize.

The reason we shoot the heads-up classes is that get watched. When we aren't shooting film on the starting line, we are editing and uploading footage. It's just not possible for 1 person to film all of the racing classes, edit the footage, and get it online within a reasonable time frame.

We have tried it in the past (to film the O/C-style classes) and something gives - either the guys are up to 3 am, or the videos don't get finished at all during the weekend. What it would really take is adding a second camera person or at the very least a second person to help edit footage.

It does mean a "HILL OF BEANS" to us, but it comes down to dollars and sense. We simply can't afford to bring a second person, and no sponsor or individuals have expressed any interest in financing that expense.

We wish we could, and wish we did.

James how about filming the finals?

11. Re: NMRA Bradenton * Videos * Finals, Highlights

Quote Originally Posted by bruceparker View Post
    James how about filming the finals?
    Bruce, that's a good idea and something we have done in the past. We should do that, let me talk to the guys.

Thanks James.... It would be great to at least get to see the finals.
    Mike
    O/C #9670
    MM #7967