Thread: rules proposals

rules proposals

whom should rules proposals be sent to? And what info is needed?
    Excessive Motorsports East
    JPC Racing
    UPR Products
    MV Performance
    SGS Automotive
    Team V Motorsports
    RJR

Blog Entries

Re: rules proposals

Don't you have to race first?

Here you go, Teddy.

NMRA OFFICIAL RULE CHANGE PROCEDURES 2008

During the course of the racing year, it is expected that some of our NMRA Edelbrock Drag Racing Participants will have questions or concerns about official NMRA rules and regulations. We accept that there will be situations in which rules clarifications and/or changes are warranted. We acknowledge that there is room for improvement in communication between the NMRA racers and the NMRA rules committee. It is important for NMRA to provide racers with a way to get a timely response on rules issues.

In some cases, there will be areas of the official NMRA rulebook that a participant may feel are either (a) in error or (b) not in the best interest of the class as a whole. It is the goal of the NMRA to appreciate our racers/customers, and listen to their concerns, and consider them in a thoughtful manner.

We appreciate our racer's dedication, and their commitment to competing at the top levels of Street Legal Drag Racing. We are providing this procedure to guarantee an actual response to any formal rules change suggestion. If you post your suggestion on the message boards, e-mail a rules committee member individually, or speak with someone over the phone, we cannot promise a response.

NMRA RULES COMMITTEE
    The NMRA rules are evaluated by the NMRA Rules Committee, which is responsible for the rules creation, enforcement, and revisions. The committee for 2008 is composed of Jeff Conley, James Lawrence, Charlie Harmon, Trey Capps, Thom Bates, and Jason Reiss.

IF YOU WANT TO SUBMIT A RULES CHANGE PROPOSAL OR CLARIFICATION.
    We have created a procedure for proposing official NMRA rules clarifications to the NMRA rules committee. If you would like to submit a rules change or clarification for consideration, this is the ONLY way to initiate the process.

1. Write a detailed letter to NMRA explaining the specific changes you are suggesting to the printed rulebook. Please refer to class, rulebook section (#1-#13) and specific subheading. Detail the "wording" changes that you are proposing. In the second paragraph, please explain the "reasoning" behind the change, and detail how you believe it will affect the best interests of the class as a whole. Please include YOUR name, car number, and contact information including address, telephone, and e-mail.

Send this e-mail to: NMRARules@promediapub.com All E-mails will be sent to all NMRA rules committee members.
    2. Within two weeks, follow up with any member of the rules committee to get the result of the rules change proposal for consideration to the committee. If you have specific questions from this point forward they should be addressed via e-mail address is NMRARules@promediapub.com.
    3. The NMRA Tech Committee will review the rules change proposal, and NMRA will formally respond in writing to the racer. All NMRA formal rules proposals sent in the NMRARules @ promediapub.com will get a response.

Thanks for working with us! We appreciate any and all valid input and would be thankful for all constructive help in improving the classes.
    Last Updated: January 29, 2008
    Jason Reiss | Contributing Editor | Race Pages Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by NMRA Jason View Post
    Don't you have to race first?

Here you go, Teddy.
    How many races have we had this year??? How many have I been to?
    JPC Racing
    UPR Products
    MV Performance
    SGS Automotive
    Team V Motorsports
    RJR

Blog Entries

Guess I missed you in Georgia. Didn't even realize you were there.

You coming up here to MI?

You coming up here to MI?
    Nope Just can't justify the diesel cost. Plan on being in Atco, and Columbus. They are relatively close Or if the rules are modified after this race, might swing out to Joliet for the cluster F&$K.
    Last edited by teddy; 06-10-2008 at 01:46 PM.
    JPC Racing
    UPR Products
    MV Performance
    SGS Automotive
    Team V Motorsports
    RJR

NMRA Trey
    Administrator Join Date: May 2007

Mid Season Rules Change Request

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You must submit your 2008 mid-season rules requests for changes no later then June 18, 2008. THESE REQUESTS MUST BE RECEIVED IN WRITING! (MESSAGE BOARD REQUESTS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED!) You may e-mail your recommendations and/or requests to: NMRArules@promediapub.com. Fax to: NMRA RULES, C/O Event Division (714) 444-2509 or US Postal Service to ProMedia/NMRA, C/O Rules, Event Division, 3518 West Lake Center Drive, Suite D, Santa Ana, CA 92704. To be considered, your written request must include the following: Full Name, Class, NMRA Competition Number and Membership expiration date. You may or may not receive a written response to your recommendation or request. You may contact the NMRA tech line (714) 460-3813 during the designated hours to insure the validity and confirmation of your rules submission.

BTW We are officially in 2008!
    Jimmy Wilson
    2007 NMRA Pure Street World Champion
    2009 NMRA P/S Bradenton Winner
    2011 NMRA P/S Racer
    RJR

Something a lot of people look past is something you can't buy. That is knowledge and hard work.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by teddy View Post
    Nope Just can't justify the diesel cost. Plan on being in Atco, and Columbus. They are relatively close Or if the rules are modified after this race, might swing out to Joliet for the cluster F&$K.
    Sissy...

I always thought there was an odd # of people, like 5 people on the rules so as to never have a tie on a decision. Thought James L wasn't part of NMRA any longer too, guess he still is. Jason, from what I got talking to you at Bradenton, I didn't think you were on the rule committee, guess I was wrong there too.

Oh well, I understand things a lot better now.
    sponsors:
    Nitrous Express, Brodix cylinder heads, JESEL valvetrain, Arnett Racing Transmissions, Total Engine Airflow, MOROSO, Diamond Racing Pistons, Bullet Racing Cams, VP racing fuel, Pro Systems carbs, Matukas Motorsports Race Cars, Total Seal rings, PTC converters, M/T tires, CJ Pony Parts www.cjponyparts.com, Quality Roof Maintenance, www.bfevansraceparts.com, Commonwealth Biomedical Research.

WFC X s/o Champion

Vincent Performance
    Graham KY
    270-977-1893

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sam sso2077 View Post
    I always thought there was an odd # of people, like 5 people on the rules so as to never have a tie on a decision. Thought James L wasn't part of NMRA any longer too, guess he still is. Jason, from what I got talking to you at Bradenton, I didn't think you were on the rule committee, guess I was wrong there too.

Oh well, I understand things a lot better now.
    I believe I said I was on the committee?

And James does not have anything to do with the day-to-day operation of the series. There are also other people that are on the committee on the NMCA side that help to break a tie.

I believe I said I was on the committee?

And James does not have anything to do with the day-to-day operation of the series. There are also other people that are on the committee on the NMCA side that help to break a tie.
    I thought Lonnie was on the rules committee also since he was the head tech guy on the NMCA side.
    sponsors:
    Nitrous Express, Brodix cylinder heads, JESEL valvetrain, Arnett Racing Transmissions, Total Engine Airflow, MOROSO, Diamond Racing Pistons, Bullet Racing Cams, VP racing fuel, Pro Systems carbs, Matukas Motorsports Race Cars, Total Seal rings, PTC converters, M/T tires, CJ Pony Parts www.cjponyparts.com, Quality Roof Maintenance, www.bfevansraceparts.com, Commonwealth Biomedical Research.

WFC X s/o Champion

Vincent Performance
    Graham KY
    270-977-1893

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sam sso2077 View Post
    I thought Lonnie was on the rules committee also since he was the head tech guy on the NMCA side.
    Yes, he is. Just not listed on the NMRA site, which is where that part up above came from.

From the NMCA site...

NMCA RULES COMMITTEE
    The NMCA rules are evaluated by the NMCA Rules Committee, which is responsible for the rules creation, enforcement, and revisions. The committee for 2008 is composed of Jeff Conley, James Lawrence, Charlie Harmon, Trey Capps, Lonnie Peplau, and Jake Amatisto.