Thread: True Street Results

True Street Results

Re: True Street Results

Thanks for putting this up Paul - I just wanted to let people know that the fastest car in the class only had half as many cylinders as the rest.

Nothing like watching a 4 banger beat up on a bunch of V8's!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Flanders
    Thanks for putting this up Paul - I just wanted to let people know that the fastest car in the class only had half as many cylinders as the rest.

Nothing like watching a 4 banger beat up on a bunch of V8's!
    Ya.........we've got to admit - that Huber car really flys!!!

Congrats guys!
    Rich Jelinek

Rich Jelinek Motorsports built, 25.5 Certified, mini-tubbed, Procharger blown, 1993 Coupe......... we'll see you in 2012 at a track near you ( or maybe we'll just stay local to spend less and make more )!!!

2009 TSDRA 8.20 Class Champion (F-1r)
    2009 NMCA XS #4111 (F-1r)

Stacy Jelinek
    TRUE STREET '89 Coupe, 5.0/5 speed
    11.69 @ 116.........so far.

I was car #57 and noticed that my information was wrong. I finished 15 on list and my name is Jake Rhodes. Also the city is spelled Syracuse, IN.

Quote Originally Posted by staticstang
    I was car #57 and noticed that my information was wrong. I finished 15 on list and my name is Jake Rhodes. Also the city is spelled Syracuse, IN.

Jake, this is Scott - we were in line with you before the TS cruise. At least I think that was you... I was with Huber in the 4-cyl car.

Good meeting you this weekend!! thanks for the shade,

-scott

Quote Originally Posted by dieselgeek
    Jake, this is Scott - we were in line with you before the TS cruise. At least I think that was you... I was with Huber in the 4-cyl car.

Good meeting you this weekend!! thanks for the shade,

-scott

Yeah that was me. It was really cool meeting you guys and glad I could help w/ some shade. All I can say is that you and Huber were in one badass ride. We will have to B.S. next year and glad we meet.

I was in the only vehicle with 2x the weight of the other cars. My new last name is Lawman? Later Dave (Lawman) true street taxi driver
    1997 Purple MM Stang (Sold to Duke Alley)
    1982 BCB O/C Express (SOLD to Duke Alley)
    Winner 2000 NMRA Columbus
    R/U 2000 NMRA World Finals
    Winner 2000 Holcomb OC FFITF 4th in points
    Winner WFC4 2001
    R/U WFC5 2002
    R/U NMRA Maple Grove 2002
    6Th in points in 2002 NMRA with 3 events
    NSCA EFI Eliminator Columbus winner 2004
    MM 10 for 2005

The wife and I had a great time running True street. The cruise was a blast! I was a little concerned about the car making it. We "finished" the car in the pits Friday morning.
    Friday Sept. 28th was the first time out with the car since 2001. bad trans ended testing then.
    Sat. 29th.we removed it and started looking for a replacement.
    Sunday 30th,5pm we picked up a "rebuild" from a guy who knew a guy.
    Tuesday, 2nd tested @ Indianapolis racway park, rear trans pump regulator left the housing @ halve track.
    Wed. 4th, replaced tail housing and reg.
    Thursday,5th, welded tab to roll cage for belts, loaded on trailer left for Bowling green.
    Friday, 6th. stopped at Scott's speed shop in Bowling green, picked up purge line kit, bulbs for tail,turn, brake lights,installed seats, belts, bulbs,purge finished car @ noon.
    tech @ 12:30.
    tried to start car for test run, rear float full of fuel...off to Holley trailer.
    made one pass with small shot, ran 11.49 lifting at 1/8th mile....
    never had time to replace 456 gears from 2001 season, carb can't handle more rpm.
    shifter cable stretched, can't shift car, left it in drive.
    Saturday was great,made cruise and car started @ 225*
    Sunday, made one practice pass for et's.
    rocker stud broke in staging, waiting for first round elims. time to go home.
    All in all, we had a great time, no complaints other than that was one costly weekend!
    Thanks to all involved. The staff did a fantastic job of running thier show and treated us in such a way, we wil return to run with NMRA again.

Look for the "brown car" next season, I plan to be the "KING".

Jr Plumhoff
    Last edited by nicetry; 10-12-2007 at 09:21 AM.

Hey guys, I had a blast and was surprised to actually luck-up and win! I finally started figuring out a few more things on the coupe and finally got her in the 8's. Here's a few vids...

Running on 28x11.5 ET Streets NMRA True Street trim.

8.92@158 w/1.46 60'
    8.86@157 w/1.43 60'

Gonna work on updating the suspension over the winter so we can leave harder off the line.

Thanks for the videos!

Quote Originally Posted by NMRAPaul View Post
    Thanks for the videos!
    Doh!!! I just realized I posted this in the wrong race, I meant to put it in the one for this years race results! I'll get it posted over there...

04 Cobra 2.3 Whipple bolt-ons 11.0 @ 132mph qtr. w/1.64 60' (7.0 @ 101mph 1/8th) IRS full weight -Bogarts
    Cobra 11.06 @ 132mph w/1.64 60'
    Cobra 11.01 @ 130
    Small framed 88mm 347ci Coupe 8.68 @ 155mph qtr. w/1.39 60' (5.61 @ 129mph 1/8th) **on Hoosier 275/50 Drag Radials** Weighs 3447 lbs. with driver. NMRA True Street Car
    8.88@157 w/1.43 60'
    8.86@157 w/1.43 60'
    8.71@156 w/1.39 60'