Thread: To the prick who stole the fuel pump & filter out of our pits at BG

To the prick who stole the fuel pump & filter out of our pits at BG

Hope you rot in hell you miserable prick.I know I'm pissing in the wind here by some small chance this asshole sees this. We're doing this racing thing on hardly any money so the little bit we can get back selling parts helps & it pisses me off to no end when someone helps themselves when we're not in our pit space for 1/2 hour.I learned a lesson this weekend , will never leave stuff out anywhere if we're not there to watch over it.

Re: To the prick who stole the fuel pump & filter out of our pits at BG

Im with ya man, when they announced that at the track I couldnt believe it. Hopefully whoever did it gets some good payback someday.

i heard that too and really pissed me off. I always loved the track because it was supposed to be a safe place where friends gather. Do you have a paypal address? I know how tight budgets are, maybe some people would be interested donating a little to help you out? I could send like $25, i know its not a lot but maybe could help if others chipped in a little too?

I appreciate the thought but I'd feel funny about taking money from anyone.It's my own fault because the NY in me told me to pick the stuff up & put it in the truck but the logical side of me said this is Kentucky not NY & the stuff would be O.K. So much for that logic, guess there are scumbags everywhere. It wont happen again because it'll all be picked up from now on.

man sorry to hear about that. i hate a low life theif. i have been to 5 big events and never have i had something taken.

but at the local 1/8th mile track some prick took my Jack and small track tool box that i had sitting in the pits. it was only there for about 15 mins. they also stole some other racers parts that had pitted next to me.

i hope that prick gets what he has coming to him.

Quote Originally Posted by 2000BlackGT
    i heard that too and really pissed me off. I always loved the track because it was supposed to be a safe place where friends gather. Do you have a paypal address? I know how tight budgets are, maybe some people would be interested donating a little to help you out? I could send like $25, i know its not a lot but maybe could help if others chipped in a little too?
    That has to be the most coolest offering I've heard in a while.

I have an 03 Cobra and had the shift knob stolen at the track when it had less than 500 miles on it. Fact is some people really suck. Others totally rock, like all the other competitors in King of the Street this weekend.
    I think that the $ thing is an awesome idea, count me in. I just need an address and who to make the check to.
    Eddie, I know it is hard to take other peoples help, but I believe you would do the same thing if the rolls where switched.

Eric
    W/S and KOTS competitor.

I was dumbfounded when dr meyer annouced that it had been taken. It was probably the same dick that took my buddy's billet AC knobs out of his car while it was sitting in the car show there last year.
    -Drew
    CS#3333

Sorry to hear about your loss. I am from ky and sad to say it, there are some people here who like peoples stuff better than they do. We did not leave our stuff out that we were trying to sell.

We did pit close enough to the KOTS parking area so we could watch over my buddies 93 Cobra that was in the KOTS.

Eric... did you have the Fox car with the SC'd 4.6 and bullets?

Yeah and the people that stole my purse...thanks BG!

Quote Originally Posted by Kathryn
    Yeah and the people that stole my purse...thanks BG!
    Kathryn, Hope you didn't loose to much stuff ,my fuel pump seems pretty insignificant compared to what they stole from you. Ed

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang Eddie
    Kathryn, Hope you didn't loose to much stuff ,my fuel pump seems pretty insignificant compared to what they stole from you. Ed

I atleast got my treo cell phone back. But yeah the credit cards, ID and purse were gone. It's more of an inconvience factor now. Getting on the plane to come home was fun . So the moral to the story is I will hold your pump, while you hold my purse!

See everyone at Bradenton!
    Last edited by Kathryn; 10-05-2006 at 11:33 AM.

I atleast got my treo cell phone back. But yeah the credit cards, ID and purse were gone. It's more of an inconvience factor now. Getting on the plane to come home was fun . So the moral to the story is I will hold your pump, while you hold my purse!

See everyone at Bradenton!
    I think I may have been the one who gave your phone to the guys in the tower while I was asking Jamie to make the annoucement about the fuel pump.Some woman handed it to me as I was going up the stairs to the tower said she found it ringing in the pits. Did it have stuff written on the back of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang Eddie
    I think I may have been the one who gave your phone to the guys in the tower while I was asking Jamie to make the annoucement about the fuel pump.Some woman handed it to me as I was going up the stairs to the tower said she found it ringing in the pits. Did it have stuff written on the back of it?

No Mine was stolen at the Ramada "after-party".

No Mine was stolen at the Ramada "after-party".
    Oh O.K. ,just thought by coincidence that it may have been yours.
    Hope you got the credit cards cancelled before the scummer got to use them.

Guys sorry to hear about all of this theft. I about crapped when I heard it over the load speaker too. I know how you feel about 3.5 years ago some butt munch came on our property and stole an air grabber hood of the hubby's 72 road runner. To this day I still feel less safe and he still has a warrent out for his arrest but no one will do anything. Sure we investigated on our own, paid the guy who bought it from the jerk and the cops still won't do anything. I believe that those punks will all get theirs someday!!
    Cindy Nishwitz
    SC Performance
    Houston, Ohio
    RS 8095

Things weren't all bad at BG when it came to honesty - We had somebody turn in a wallet that they found on the ground, and when the owner came back to claim it, everything (cash included) was still there. The guy lost it when his pocket tore out and he didn't notice. The picture will be in the magazine when we do BG coverage, for sure...

maybe its because i grew up in memphis,but i dont trust ANYONE that i dont know well. it feels good to think that racers are all honest,but some of the biggest P.O.S.'s you will ever meet are at the track.and although NMRA racers seem to be a tight-knit group,theres no accounting for who they let in too watch.

Yeah I had a SB350 and 4 50" tires stolen off my trailer last year. If you have someone watchin your equipment for you, make sure they aren't severely ADHD before hand. Some people out there just need a real good kick in the nuts.

No offense to any of the fans, but on Thursdays and Fridays, I leave everything unlocked, I firmly believe that no racer will steal from me and have the balls to race the rest of the weekend. On Saturdays I pay more attention, and on Sundays, all my stuff is on lockdown. Sorry fans, but a few bad apples does ruin the whole bushel. Sorry for your loss man, that is pretty crappy

Adam
    www.modularmisfits.com
    83 GT
    Special thanks to:
    Team Z Motorsports
    Sutton High Performance

Quote Originally Posted by NMRAPaul
    Things weren't all bad at BG when it came to honesty - We had somebody turn in a wallet that they found on the ground, and when the owner came back to claim it, everything (cash included) was still there. The guy lost it when his pocket tore out and he didn't notice. The picture will be in the magazine when we do BG coverage, for sure...
    yeh, the guy that lost the wallet "ron" i wont say his last name is a good friend of mine. we are all from richmond va so getting home without any money woud have been fun. i could not belive that someone found it and turned it in with all the cash still in it. i guess that goes to show there are still some honest people still left in this world!! sorry to hear about the other bad luck though

Quote Originally Posted by NMRAPaul
    Thats good to hear. I lost my wallet at the local track out here a few years back. They found it, saw my college ID, called my school, got my phone number, called my house, left a message, and then left the wallet at the track office. I went in and got it, all the cash/CC cards were still there!!!
    -Darren

Yeah thanks for atleast the respectable thoughts about the state, for the most part there are good people down here, sorry about your loss. But you know how the old saying goes one bad egg in the whole bunch. Hell at the finals there are people from all over, hope you just accidentally missplaced and find it.
    Foot in the water pump! Ride'in the storm out!

Didn't someone get their whole car stolen at one of the events in '03 or '04?
    I know how it feels to be on a tight budget. Sorry to hear about all the theft. It's unfortunate these things happen.

All thieves must HANG!!!!!!

There is a honor system amongst racers. You respect other people's cars and equipment. It is too hard to lock everything up between rounds. We are suppose to trust each other. but a few scumbags ruin this trust. We have to all look out for this kind of behavior. And stop it if possible. I have had parts stolen at the track and it sucks. Like I said, all thieves must hang!!!!!
    The juice is loose!

I'm sure it wasn't a racer!

More than likely a "fan" there's too much honor amongst the racing community in my opinion...that being said I have lost more than a handful of screwdrivers over the years to other racers who have borrowed tools and then forget to return them
    Always makes me nervous to leave things out at the tracks...maybe I'll just have to get extra keys made for the crew so we can all access the stuff and keep it locked as well.
    Gene

Re: I'm sure it wasn't a racer!

Somebody swiped my tire pressure gauge at Bowling Green. They must've gone right into my car to get it. Because the only place I keep it is behind the driver's seat.
    Tony
    NMRA OC 9632
    IMSM Street Intimidator #2
    Thanks to:
    Hometown Liquor DeForest, WI 608-846-4001
    The Pitstop Pub Sun Prairie, WI 608-825-9977

Matt @ MKH Performance! Your Nitrous Source

Corbeau Seats for Street, Race, and Offroad
    90 notch - racecar or streetcar?
    86 T-bird - daily grunt
    91 GT SOLD
    82 Capri SOLD

i guess we will have to lock up our stuff from now on. we've been at bradenton, rennoylds, commerce, and bristol, and have left parts on the trailer with our phone #'s beside them for hours. guess we got lucky.

however, we were at a test n tune at gainsville raceway in florida (lots of assholes there) about 2 years ago, and a friend of ours had a 86 chevy truck he raced, well he'd go to the track with his street tires and in his bed he'd have his jack, toolbox, and slicks to change when he got there. he did that and left his street tires and wheels which were convo pros, jack, and toolbox, along with a case of mercon v tranny fluid, and came back from making a pass and all of it was gone.

as far as still having decent people in the world, i believe there are still lots of them. i lost my cell phone at the jacksonville landing when everybody was partying when the superbowl was in town, called it the next day, and some guy answered and he said he picked it up off the ground. i gave him my address and he mailed it back to me. i mailed him $50 bucks in return, not so much because i cared about the phone, but just cause he was a honest person.

i believe in karma, so if i found somebodys possesions, i could never take advantage of it.
    91 Mustang Coupe - not running
    84 Mustang Coupe - 10:1 347, afr 185's, flat tappet cam, vic jr, holley 750, C4 trans
    11.7 at 117.8 on motor

Sorry to hear that guys/gals.. stealing is the worst. I hope they all get whats coming to them for sure. Btw I would donate what I could too to help out if needed. I think that was a very caring offer!! Gotta help friends out when needed!!!
    M/M 7318 and KOTS competitor
    Amy Stewart Racing
    Modular Performance Built 2V
    www.amystewartracing.com
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...alonga_pic.jpg
    Jeg's High Performance
    G Force Racing Gear
    Catalonga Performance
    NB Specialties
    Richard Waters Photography
    ProCharger
    Comp Cams
    Cymtec Systems

Sorry to hear that, when I lived on Long Island and raced at West Hampton Racetrack I used to be real anal about keeping everything locked because a lot of scum would come to race. I have nothing against people who mostly street race but these guys who used to come were real winners. People used to have stuff stolen all the time. Good thing the track eventually closed.

Now that I live in New Jersey I race at Island Dragway and the guys who race there are a great class of guys just like in NMRA.

Hopefully that guy gets what's coming to him.

It's nice that we could raise this year-old thread from the dead to eat the brains of the living... :-P

woops didnt see thst this was a year old! :-P

Hey Thriller8, are you kidding me!!!!, good thing the track closed??? were you a little scared of the element? we now have to drive a bare minimum of two hours to go racing, or testing. But your glad it closed because you were weary of the element!!! I've raced their for a long time, left stuff out on my open trailer, never had one problem. You tell me what track you can go to on a friday and get unlimited test passes without renting the track. NOWHERE. Thats a very sore subject here on long island and you hit a big nerve. Glad you moved to Jersey where its soooo nice and safe, What do they call Newark again? oh yeah the car jacking capital of the world, yeah ok

Hey I'm on Long Island every weekend as that is where I store my car with my parents. I don't mind the people at the track as much as the track being pretty crappy. My father raced at National Speedway and then Westhampton for the longest time. I have been going there since I was a little kid. The owners were never into making it a track like here in Jersey. If they had some owners that cared the track would have been great.

My uncle used to race there as well for many years, he was going down the track one day and a muffler pipe was laying across the lane, another time when I was racing, a car blew his clutch all over the track and they just kept sending cars down the track. That says a lot about caring for the safety of the other racers. Another thing is, my uncle moved about 10 minutes from Maplegrove in Pennsylvania and with no changes to his car he picked up 3 tenths. It just shows they care at Maplegrove to prep the track and take care of it, but even they have gotten a little lazy in that fact as evidenced in the NMRA meet in 2006. Just search the board and you will see what I mean about that.

I wasn't scared of the element in the least, I have just heard too many stories of racers having parts stolen, tools stolen, and I have too much invested in my car, tools, trailer, etc. to have to worry about some knuckle head stealing my stuff. At the few tracks I race at in Jersey now, that is never a problem. Unfortunately, there are always a few bad seeds everywhere you go.

All in all, they just need better management, better track workers and they will have a nice track, especially with the 1/2 mile shut-off area they could bring in some of the faster cars. I know for a fact when they had pro stock and funny cars there in the early 90's many of those cars said the track had no hook.

Oh and the comment about Newark, all I have to say that isn't at the racetrack, many cities have bad crime rates, Newark just happens to be Jersey's. I wouldn't call Wyandanch, Brentwood, Copiague to name a few very nice either but that is just tit for tat now right.

Even with not liking the way they operated and owned the track, if they reopened a track on Long Island I would always make the trip as I consider Long Island my home.

Sorry if you aren't happy with the way I feel about it!

Have a nice day!
    Last edited by brobaey; 10-20-2007 at 06:38 AM.