Thread: Elimination?? - Results??

Elimination?? - Results??

Help!!!
    What is going on?
    Chalie Rankin

Re: Elimination?? - Results??

I have the same questions. It's almost 6:45 pm CST. Surely there have been at least a few rounds of eliminations run by now.

BK Meyers
    Former racer, now just another damned ol' Harley rider.

whats the word from bg? anything would be nice?
    Chuck Bartholme
    "Chuck Wagon"

XS 4119
    7.94@175.31 MPH quickest and fastest car in XS ever! And first to be in the 7's! RETIRED

3 hours agao Factory stock was pulling into the lanes and then i heard nothing!! This sucks!!!
    Chalie Rankin

...Best finals for many... and I can't take it! I would have thought this would have been the best coverage for so many classes at stake......If anyone has any updates on REN, I would be grateful 2 hear Thanks. ????
    Chad Olson
    331 YSI

Unhappy Re: Elimination?? - Results??

I've been texting and calling and I get no answer from anyone! We are frustrated too!

All I know is DR. Kolivas and Kurgan in the finals. Kolivas went an 8.10 in the semi's to beat Akins and Doyle went an 8.10 in the semi's in a loss to Kurgan's 8.16.
    "ALUMINUM TUBING SOLD HERE"
    517-403-1914

FASTEST TUBING IN THE COUNTRY
    8.60@166 on BFG's.
    8.26@173 on MT's.
    DR 10121
    Special thanks to www.BehindBarsRaceCars.com, www.FascoTemporaryServices.com, www.OliverRacingParts.com

Quote Originally Posted by team od
    ...Best finals for many... and I can't take it! I would have thought this would have been the best coverage for so many classes at stake......If anyone has any updates on REN, I would be grateful 2 hear Thanks. ????
    It's MITCHELL and SEEGER in the finals for REN!!!!LOOKS LIKE MITCHELL WON THE CHAMPIONSHIP AGAIN!!!!
    2000 poonstang 25.5
    347/f2 love

MIKEBALFRACECARS.COM

outlaw and 10.5 outlaw?
    Chuck Bartholme
    "Chuck Wagon"

XS 4119
    7.94@175.31 MPH quickest and fastest car in XS ever! And first to be in the 7's! RETIRED

Charlie Booze and Robbie Blankenship in HS Finals....Ben Mens(driving Demayo's old car) wrecked.
    Gil Perry Jr
    NMRA O/C 9781
    Runner Up Bracket Bowling Green KY 2004
    Winner O/C Reynolds GA 2005

Quote Originally Posted by f1r racer
    outlaw and 10.5 outlaw?
    Sounds like you need your racing fix
    Few more days Chuck...
    No class lol....
    LaFerriere Racing
    DMC Racing
    Denny's Autobody

Mitchell won???? If he did good for him!!!!!!!!! He's da man!!!!! Had the wizardry on his side!!!! I hope it's right, he deserves it if anyone does!!!!!
    Chad Olson
    331 YSI

Blog Entries

Not sure why everyone would complain. After all, in the emails we get about the LIVE coverage, we should all know the results.

Guess I'll get banned for insulting their coverage. But if the shoe fits........
    New Owner of Twisted Twins. 872hp twin turbo 331 on 19lbs of boost.
    Thanks Vinny and Holly!

THANKS....KORNBREAD for the reply!!!!! What where the #'s in the finals?
    Last edited by team od; 10-01-2006 at 07:11 PM.
    Chad Olson
    331 YSI

I know Urist is in the finals but not sure against who.
    Dwayne James VS Hance in 10.5W
    Speed kills....drive an import, live forever!!!!!!

THANKS....KORNBREAD for the reply!!!!!
    No problem...
    2000 poonstang 25.5
    347/f2 love

MIKEBALFRACECARS.COM

Mitchell won???? If he did good for him!!!!!!!!! He's da man!!!!! Had the wizardry on his side!!!! I hope it's right, he deserves it if anyone does!!!!!
    Even if he loses he is one round up on everybody and still would win the title....
    2000 poonstang 25.5
    347/f2 love

MIKEBALFRACECARS.COM

If I get banned so be it!!!!!

Any news would be appreciated.

mike i know i need the fix!! memphis is gona be fun! thanks for all the information boys!! anything else be great to know thanks again mike we will end it all next week see ya there man
    Chuck Bartholme
    "Chuck Wagon"

XS 4119

I was going for the veterans..... Zooperstreet ....or Mitchell as always! What a tough year for all in REN, so many class acts!!!!!!!!!
    Chad Olson
    331 YSI

I was going for the veterans..... Zooperstreet ....or Mitchell as always! What a tough year for all in REN, so many class acts!!!!!!!!!
    MITCHELL ALL THE WAY!!!!
    2000 poonstang 25.5
    347/f2 love

MIKEBALFRACECARS.COM

Talking Re: Elimination?? - Results??

Eric Holliday won F/S and set a record of 11.409. Steve Gifford is 2nd place.

No news on championship.... he's on his way to winners circle...

You got your buck, and maybe a payment plan
    Chad Olson
    331 YSI

You got your buck, and maybe a payment plan
    HAHAHA YES SIR!!
    2000 poonstang 25.5
    347/f2 love

MIKEBALFRACECARS.COM

What was the times 4 the final?
    Chad Olson
    331 YSI

Seriously, guys... Give us a break. All of us have other jobs here at the track that absolutely can't be put off. We can't say, "I won't go out and shoot round 2 because I need to get round 1 coverage on the internet right away" or "sorry we didn't shoot your car feature before it got too dark - the guys on the message board can't wait."

Until we can afford to bring another person along who's only job is updating the results, you're stuck with me. And as long as my primary job is producing Race Pages, getting the results up is always going to take a back seat to the things that absolutely have to be done when they're happening, like shooting photos for the magazine or doing interviews.

All complaining does is make me feel bad. It doesn't get the results up any sooner; I am doing them as soon as time allows. I wish the situation was different, but unless somebody comes up with a grand or so each time to send somebody out to every event, it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by NMRAPaul
    Seriously, guys... Give us a break. All of us have other jobs here at the track that absolutely can't be put off. We can't say, "I won't go out and shoot round 2 because I need to get round 1 coverage on the internet right away" or "sorry we didn't shoot your car feature before it got too dark - the guys on the message board can't wait."

Until we can afford to bring another person along who's only job is updating the results, you're stuck with me. And as long as my primary job is producing Race Pages, getting the results up is always going to take a back seat to the things that absolutely have to be done when they're happening, like shooting photos for the magazine or doing interviews.

All complaining does is make me feel bad. It doesn't get the results up any sooner; I am doing them as soon as time allows. I wish the situation was different, but unless somebody comes up with a grand or so each time to send somebody out to every event, it is what it is.
    Fully understood.

Now post the darn results! PLEASE?

Paul:

I can appreciate that you are all very busy during a race weekend. If Eric runs NMRA next year, we would be happy to volunteer to help out when we attend - Sarasota, Maple Grove, Atco and maybe a few others...

Have laptop, can type, have user Id - unless you ban us!

Stan & Ilze

Paul,

I dont think it is directed at you. The problem is you guys send out email saying you will have resuls and "Live" video. If you do not have the funds or people to do this NMRA should not send evey message board member emails saying you will be doing this.

I think id you just posted the copies of the time sheets as soon as you can the video could wait. I would rather see the results.

Good luck
    Mark Keiser
    Assistant Editor, Stangcrazy.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mark@Stangcrazy.com
    Paul,

I dont think it is directed at you. The problem is you guys send out email saying you will have resuls and "Live" video. If you do not have the funds or people to do this NMRA should not send evey message board member emails saying you will be doing this.

I think id you just posted the copies of the time sheets as soon as you can the video could wait. I would rather see the results.

Good luck
    I second this.

Paul, you have a PM.
    New Owner of Twisted Twins. 872hp twin turbo 331 on 19lbs of boost.
    Thanks Vinny and Holly!

$500 a weekend and i would be more than glad to do it. I would even do round by round for heads up.

What's happening Todd?

Will how'd we do?
    Speed kills....drive an import, live forever!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark@Stangcrazy.com
    Paul,

Good luck
    I should make it clear that PowerTV is now a separate entity, and they're the ones doing the video emails. James feels that since the video is being shot at the track, it is "live" no matter when it gets edited and posted. In the past we've called it "same day," which I feel is a reasonable description, and I'm not sure why they've gone back to using "live" instead. In my opinion, there's no up-side whatsoever in giving people expectations that aren't in line with what you actually deliver.

I don't want anyone to be disappointed with the reality of how we bring you race coverage versus what we promised, and if this was something that I still had influence over, I'd be trying to change it. I'm sorry.

Bob Kurgan Wins Drag Radial!!! Congrats Bob!!!

Paul - Tell Charlie to pull me on board... I'll work for ya and get the results online next season, if you guys need help.

PS - I'm with you on the "live coverage" - live is .... well... LIVE. Tape delay is just that - taped and shown on a delay. I understand marketing, and I'd go with Same Day video coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by +Darling+
    Paul - Tell Charlie to pull me on board... I'll work for ya and get the results online next season, if you guys need help.

PS - I'm with you on the "live coverage" - live is .... well... LIVE. Tape delay is just that - taped and shown on a delay. I understand marketing, and I'd go with Same Day video coverage.
    You dont even have enough time to cover fun ford much less nmra
    Dan Saitz
    www.hyperformanceracing.com
    Aluminum, Stainless, and Mild Steel Bends and Tubing
    Carbon Door Panels and Wings for 79-93 Mustangs
    FAST, TCI, HOLLEY, PRECISION TURBO, JGS, MSD, and more.
    dan@hyperformanceracing.com

LOL - Noooooo, I was told that Josh Bolger was covering FFW this season, so I gratefully took the year off and helped out a few of my friends... when I could go. I still got the stats for a few articles tho (I think you looked at the ladders a time or two, lol)

BTW - Nice having you join the night life in Dallas, Dan... We didn't think you stayed up that late, hahahaha!!

You people R doing an awsome job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The fan in me (and others are just wanting to see up to the second, which in not real! BUT, IT's the finals, we need to know! Keep up the good work, Rain delay doesn't help AT ALL!! If I could make it to more than 2 events, I would do it just be there!!!!!! .....And stay up all night(cuz u can't) 2 do it!!!! Again.....just religous fan on edge!Thanks! NMRA
    Chad Olson
    331 YSI

I'm with you, OD - I even offered to do it for FFW, if they would just pay my expenses of getting to the track and back. I was told it was up to Josh, so I backed off. It's nothing for me to do it cuz I love going, but I can't afford to go and pay my own expenses, doing it for nothing sucks.

But ALL of us that have had the opportunity to post results know how aggravated the fans get when the results aren't posted pretty quickly. I do sympathize with anyone else doing it, frankly it's a PITA job... but when WE aren't there ourselves... well - let me rephrase that... when I'M not there, I'm as anxious as you guys are - wanting to know what's going on, but I have about 100 numbers that I can call to find out what's going on at the track, lol.

Finally...

Guess what I just posted...

Re: Finally...

A personal ad???

LOL... juuuust kiddin'....

Thanks for the post Paul!
    Chad Olson
    331 YSI