Thread: Urist goes 196 mph ?? wow

Urist goes 196 mph ?? wow

Hey John turn the heat up down low and lets get it on!!!!! ha ha I guess that shows the Procharger is really working out the back too bad John told me yesterday they have to kill it off the launch to get down the track.... I hope he can get it worked out by the end of the weekend... Good luck John, Amy, and good luck to Duwayne J. in outlaw 10.5 also...
    Heath Blanke
    Neal Chance Racing Converters
    316-542-9869 M-F 7am-4pm CDT
    "If you dont have a Neal Chance you dont stand a chance"

Re: Urist goes 196 mph ?? wow

Heath, we're all waiting for John to uncork the big 200! I'll bet we see it before the end of the season. A little more crawfish ettouffee and he will have all the power he needs!! LOL

Gil Berry

Hey Gil great to hear from you again.. Thanks for all the great eats again @ Phoenix your a hell of a cook. As far as the 200 mph I know we will see it but I want him to put the power in down low and bust off a 7.4XX soon!!!!! I know the track is the factor but I hope he can lay one down this weekend. But the guy that gets down the track the most times all weekend wil have the best shot on Sunday when the track goes away. Hope to see ya soon Gil and once again THANKS
    Heath Blanke

Thumbs up Re: Urist goes 196 mph ?? wow

That 200mph might just show itself somewhere in the 7.50s. Johns car does have big mph. I have also seen it first hand in testing. Hey Heath -- what'd you think of my car ? Later, Bus

Hey BIBBY ha ha wheres BOOBY oh I forgot he is in GA..... love the inside jokes !!!!! Your car looks like it will be a winer soon... Im going to make some changes for you guys as soon as they get back. I love it when people say the 196 mph is a fluke and then he lays down another one in first round.....
    Heath Blanke

WFC?? 200 on TRUE 10s?

that 196 was not true the mph in the right lane was b.s. hell bob hanlon went 158 in h/s no way!!!!!! urist pass was prob 190 at best....

So was his 196.2 a fluke too? Were all cars running fast in that lane? John was the only one I saw and for it to happen twice for only his car is kinda coincidental. But people win the lottery too.
    Speed kills....drive an import, live forever!!!!!!

It was the right Lane it was BS MPH we ran BS MPH almost eveytime. 1/8th MPH was right though.
    SS/O #10 7.87@179.20(first 8.2(302 base) Procharged blower motor in the 7's on 28x10.5's) Osca Modified St 2002 Champion/Record holder 5.09 @150.46 non-w tire, Pa Racing 877-550-8400

Sounds reasonable. So does that null the record? Car was still flying. I did wonder about it and Hanlon's 158. I just know the final in SSO and Pro were both awesome!
    Speed kills....drive an import, live forever!!!!!!

I would assume that if John ran that MPH in the left lane, it could be real.

Here is how I was taught to verify if a questionable MPH is real. Calculate the split between the 1320' and the 660' times. If the amount of time it took to cover that distance did not decrease (in comparison to multiple other runs,) the big mph is bogus.

The MPH gained from the 660 to the 1320 would also be another good measure.

Bobby Hanlon's Amish Buggy ran 155 and 158 in the right hand lane but only 151's in the left. The 1/8th mile speed didnt increase nor did the split time decrease.

I expect that the NMRA will not count any MPH records from Reynolds.

Chris

By my experience with the clocks at Reynolds, It looked like most racers must have had a left and right lane tune-up!

~TA
    tony@tciauto.com

Man I love it when the minds get going in overdrive.... if John says it was off then we will go with what NMRA has to say... I love making people think about stuff untill their brain bleeds....

But Tony you depress me I thought you would atleast give me a jab or two..HA HA I look forward to getting together at Huntsville hope you like tall cold ones. By the way have we figured out whos buying the second round yet?
    Heath Blanke

The mph in the right was def. incorrect. I believe Brad in P/S went 134 in the right lane!!?? He was def. fast but not that quick
    Excessive Motorsports East
    JPC Racing
    UPR Products
    MV Performance
    SGS Automotive
    Team V Motorsports
    RJR

No jabs here....I know what Mr. Urist is capable of! But, 196 on that track.........

It would be only fair that I take care of the second round! I don't drink much (no comments please), so it might take me a bit to drink the tall one.

~TA
    tony@tciauto.com

Oh come on Tony you look like a big ole country boy... ha ha you can handle at least 2(cases)..... by the way what fun is it if we dont jab at each other the customers think we hate each other dont they???
    Heath Blanke

Yep, more drama make for better board! I try not to get in all of that bs crap.

When are you coming down to Huntsville?

Should be there Thursday not sure about the time yet some travel plans are still up in the air with my other driver. Should be in by mid afternoon though. See ya soon.
    Heath Blanke

so i guess urist did go 196 after all. i saw a bunch of 195-196 passes at world ford!

Per John, "it's only done it four times" so there's still the chance it might be a timing system error.

lol, sounds just like john!