Thread: NMRA C/S Tune?

NMRA C/S Tune?

I'd be curious as to what parameters of the tune have been changed for the NMRA sealed engine. The obvious one is the rev limiter, but what else in the tune is changed? Has timing been adjusted...has anything in the tune been changed to accommodate the VP C10 fuel? And what is the baseline tune modeled after...a stock 5.0L Mustang tune? If the tune is sealed and nobody can change it, then releasing what those changes are should be no issue right?
    Jeff Stafford
    MM 7327

Re: NMRA C/S Tune?

Jeff,

From what I can tell its pretty much a stock "crate motor" tune with the rev limiter raised. If you were to purchase the controls pack for a crate motor you would be given the exact same tune with a lower rev limiter. It mirrors a stock Coyote calibration also, no changes to stoich point, driver demand tables, spark or fueling. Hope that helps,

JJ
    CS 3131 for 2013
    2014 ??
    Thanks to all that serve!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JJ@WMS View Post
    Jeff,

From what I can tell its pretty much a stock "crate motor" tune with the rev limiter raised. If you were to purchase the controls pack for a crate motor you would be given the exact same tune with a lower rev limiter. It mirrors a stock Coyote calibration also, no changes to stoich point, driver demand tables, spark or fueling. Hope that helps,

JJ
    JJ, when you say "it mirrors a stock Coyote calibration", which Coyote? Mustang, truck...what? I know there has to be more to it than just raising the rev limiter. It would be interesting to lay said stock coyote calibration next to the NMRA sealed tune to see the deltas. I know you can do this using SCT software...
    Jeff Stafford
    MM 7327

Quote Originally Posted by 96SOHC View Post
    JJ, when you say "it mirrors a stock Coyote calibration", which Coyote? Mustang, truck...what? I know there has to be more to it than just raising the rev limiter. It would be interesting to lay said stock coyote calibration next to the NMRA sealed tune to see the deltas. I know you can do this using SCT software...
    I did some checking and comparing and most of what I see that is different between the calibrations are things that are what I would call "running the bare minimum" meaning things that are turned off such as emissions codes and items that the crate motor vehicle doesnt have like rear 02's, evap systems and other items that are normally computer controlled.

When I say it mirrors the stock Coyote calibration that is a generality as there are different calibrations depending on the year and model of the Coyote vehicle. The Boss cars have a few different items compared to a regular Mustang Coyote calibration and the trucks have different calibrations as well so in "general terms" there doesnt seem to be anything crazy or wild about the calibration that we use in CS from a performance standpoint.

There are some weird things as well like the commanded lambda at WOT has all cells set to .850 for some reason wheras the other calibrations dont, I guess that falls in line with just as "general" a tune that it can be for what its intended use.

JJ
    CS 3131 for 2013
    2014 ??
    Thanks to all that serve!!!

Thanks for the responses JJ...interesting about the WOT lambda.
    Jeff Stafford
    MM 7327