Thread: Same Day Event Coverage from the NMRA Atco on Stang TV

Same Day Event Coverage from the NMRA Atco on Stang TV

CLICK HERE FOR THE FULL EVENT THREAD

The NMRA pushes into their third race of the season in Atco, NJ as rough weather is possibly on the horizon for Saturday and Sunday. It has been an interesting season with a fresh set of faces leading over half of the heads up classes.

Phil Hines has shown that consistency is key to the number one spot in Super Street Outlaw, while Chris Tuten has been booming with record breaking passes each event. Sean Lyon and defending Drag Radial champion Jason Lee are in a heated battle for first with a mere 75 point separation. Bruce Hemminger has a large lead in Real Street as fellow front runner Tim Matherly has been plagued with problems so far this year. With the recent retirement of Tommy Godfrey in Factory Stock, Carlos Sobrino has shown that he has what it takes to lead the pack, with a near-double points lead over number two contender Brian Campbell.

Stay tuned to StangTV all weekend for updates throughout the day from Atco. Special thanks to our event coverage sponsor SCT Performance. Check out their fine line of tuning products, along with support for the 2012 BOSS Mustang, at www.sctflash.com.

Re: Same Day Event Coverage from the NMRA Atco on Stang TV

MORE NOTES ON THE SITE, CLICK THE LINK AT THE TOP

Mike Murillo set the high-water mark with a 6.731-second blast at only 195 mph at the last race in Georgia. The low trap speed is due in part to Murillo getting out of shape on the top end, and lightly tagging the wall past the finish line. In the finals, Ed Rice came out of nowhere uncorked a 6.72 at over 209 mph in the final round to send Murillo home.

With the late arrival of the Hellion team, teammates from both John Urist and Dwayne James worked together to get their cars unpacked and out of the box. James is still working on his Pro Outlaw 10.5 combination and has come a long way in the last two years.

CHECK OUT THE LINK AT THE TOP FOR MORE UPDATES! ROLLING ON SATURDAY SHORTLY!

Looks like a washout for Sat
    540rwp
    477tq
    Tuned by Matt at Performance Evolution

The lights are on and track is almost dry. I hope we are starting up soon!!

Quote Originally Posted by shelbygirl View Post
    The lights are on and track is almost dry. I hope we are starting up soon!!
    and yes once again that really didnt happen for very long at all.

Got to see some Open Comp,and SST on Sat.True Street got their road trip in,and THEN came the rains Big Dawgs were in the staging lanes......no go........ Great to chat with a bunch of folks,and a few drivers.
    Andrew DeMarco,best of luck and was nice to meet you.Wife and I enjoyed the chat.I'll be in touch.
    DR Mead

I added a few more pics on the site. Make sure and check them out.