Thread: Wtf!?!

Thumbs down Wtf!?!

The first pair of vehicles went down the track at 9:01am for first round of eliminations. ELEVEN...ELEVEN HOURS, yes eleven hours later that same class ran SECOND round, not the finals but SECOND round. I am not sure who plans/schedules the events but this past weekend must have been their first time. I know there were at least 3 or 4 classes that had run their third round 2 hours before the second round was called for others. Rumors in the pits that there had been some racers that finaly got fed up with the very long and rediculous wait, that they loaded up and went home.

In my opinion there was way too much on the schedule. Brackets, 2 Series, True Street and the LSX Race, Brackets should not have been run at this race OR like several has posted in the past, run them later in the day. Most of the people in the regular classes are running the series and are trying their hopes for a championship. Alot of the braket racers are local to the tracks and are usually pretty close to home where as the series guys can be 12,13,14,15 or more hours from home.

All I am saying is you may want to pay a little more attention to the racers that show up to most/all of the events instead of the racer that shows up to one or two.

Jimmy
    1994 Ranger-Vincent Performance N/A 377SBF, PTC Glide
    9.046@149.66 ....... so far

Special thanks to:
    Samuel Vincent & Vincent Performance
    Chris Terry Racing
    Braswell Carburetion-Stephen Hughes

Re: Wtf!?!

1st round was scheduled to be ran on Sat. night, but did not make it, due to the delays caused by bad weather. It's a lot easier to look back and say "You should have done it this way". These guys do a good job, they can't control weather or oildowns.

It was diffidently a cluster to say the least.
    sponsors:
    Nitrous Express, Brodix cylinder heads, JESEL valvetrain, Arnett Racing Transmissions, Total Engine Airflow, MOROSO, Diamond Racing Pistons, Bullet Racing Cams, VP racing fuel, Pro Systems carbs, Matukas Motorsports Race Cars, Total Seal rings, PTC converters, M/T tires, CJ Pony Parts www.cjponyparts.com, Quality Roof Maintenance, www.bfevansraceparts.com, Commonwealth Biomedical Research.

WFC X s/o Champion

Vincent Performance
    Graham KY
    270-977-1893

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Corley View Post
    1st round was scheduled to be ran on Sat. night, but did not make it, due to the delays caused by bad weather. It's a lot easier to look back and say "You should have done it this way". These guys do a good job, they can't control weather or oildowns.
    I agree the weather and oil downs didn’t help things but the weather didn't move in until late Sat night so that wasn’t the only reason for the scheduling problems. I think their plate was a little too full for a dual event and correct me if I’m wrong but there hasn’t been any bracket racing at the Joliet or Charlotte race in the past so why include it for the for the Atlanta race which replaced Charlotte?? All the extras slowed things down and IMO hurt the schedule more than the weather and oil downs did.

Quote Originally Posted by sam sso2077 View Post
    It was diffidently a cluster to say the least.
    You got that right......

Blog Entries

Once the weather hit we got behind and never recovered.
    Jason Reiss | Contributing Editor | Race Pages Magazine

blame mother nature and oil downs Jimmy.

Not much you can do with either of them.
    2012 Internet Crew Chief Extraordinaire F/S 1

http://www.AdvancedAutoRepair.net

Mother nature and oil downs didn't have anything to do with how slow things were run.

Still ran three rounds of true street, that's been shortened in the past... I sat around for 8.5 hours on Sunday waiting for the second round.

I agree with Sam. It was a cluster and it had nothing to do with the oil downs or the weather.
    MM 10
    Joined the club...
    | Boss330 Racing | CRT Performance |

It was all the NON-Ford guys faults. LOL
    John Zeilinga
    Hellion Powered 2011 5.0L 4V Mustang GT Coyote 6R80 Automatic - 2012 NMRA Modular Muscle

BLOW BY RACING
    2012 EFI Renegade Class Sponsor
    Lets Put Some Bitches In Trouble

There was just too much on the schedule. I could be wrong, but I dont think brackets have been ran at zMax or Joliet where both the NMRA and the NMCA run together. Why was it here? I said it in my first post, the powers to be might want to start making sure the "series" racers are taken care of instead of the weekend bracket racers. Brackets should come second, get the series followers home at a decent time. I dont care how you cut it, 11 hours between first and second round is uncalled for.

Jimmy
    1994 Ranger-Vincent Performance N/A 377SBF, PTC Glide
    9.046@149.66 ....... so far

Special thanks to:
    Samuel Vincent & Vincent Performance
    Chris Terry Racing
    Braswell Carburetion-Stephen Hughes

I'm sure Brackets help pay for the big boys to run.
    2012 Internet Crew Chief Extraordinaire F/S 1

http://www.AdvancedAutoRepair.net

Quote Originally Posted by SANDMAN View Post
    I'm sure Brackets help pay for the big boys to run.
    Sponsors pay for the big boys to run and they pay up front at the beginning of the year in a lump sum. (or atleast that's what I've been told)
    2005 P/S World Champion
    2002 P/S World Champion
    WFC 5 P/S Champion

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyZ View Post
    It was all the NON-Ford guys faults. LOL
    Lol Johnny...true I agree X2
    Victor Nieblas
    RENEGADE 4124

Special Thanks To :
    Team A&E Motorsport
    Jeremy @ UPR Products
    Tim @ MPR Racing Engines
    Carl @ Rossler Transmission
    Lenny @ Ultimate Converter Concept

I agree. Too much on the schedule. I am a TS guy who would travel (Atlanta was 858 miles) to several events. I have proposed a new TS format over in that section that would increase our TS competition and maybe also reduce the time to run. My post doesn't seem to be getting much traction (no pun) yet. Presently, TS and brackets are tilted toward "locals". I am new here, but wish it were NMRA and not combined with NMCA.

Quote Originally Posted by 4.6LPoppy View Post
    Presently, TS and brackets are tilted toward "locals". I am new here, but wish it were NMRA and not combined with NMCA.
    If you look back at the TS results, there were 30 Ga entries out of 60. I would not say they were tilted to the locals. The top 5 finishers were from all over the country with the winner being from LA, even someone from AZ.

I personally feel the oil downs hurt alot more than people know. A buddy of mine was sitting in the stands on Saturday while I was in my 2nd hour in the staging lanes, he said the effort to clean up the oil consisted of a man and a mop who looked like he was being paid by the hours.

I have raced at Commerce for 19 years now, when the track gets oiled down or there is a wreck, heaven help us all.

Mother nature played a huge roll in the weekend backups. Anyone know what time the 1st car made it down the wet track on Saturday? I think racing was supposed to start at 9am and I think the 1st car went down the track after 11:30. I know the wind might have played a role there as well .

I am a local and didn't like wasting my whole Sunday in the lanes waiting to make a run, but it happened that way, so be it. I personally like the NMRA only events tons better but I am just thankful to have another NMRA event close to home for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by horseplay08 View Post
    If you look back at the TS results, there were 30 Ga entries out of 60. I would not say they were tilted to the locals. The top 5 finishers were from all over the country with the winner being from LA, even someone from AZ.

I personally feel the oil downs hurt alot more than people know. A buddy of mine was sitting in the stands on Saturday while I was in my 2nd hour in the staging lanes, he said the effort to clean up the oil consisted of a man and a mop who looked like he was being paid by the hours.

I have raced at Commerce for 19 years now, when the track gets oiled down or there is a wreck, heaven help us all.

Mother nature played a huge roll in the weekend backups. Anyone know what time the 1st car made it down the wet track on Saturday? I think racing was supposed to start at 9am and I think the 1st car went down the track after 11:30. I know the wind might have played a role there as well .

I am a local and didn't like wasting my whole Sunday in the lanes waiting to make a run, but it happened that way, so be it. I personally like the NMRA only events tons better but I am just thankful to have another NMRA event close to home for a change.
    the guy you are speaking of was not from AZ, he was from AL,
    Stephen Johnson #2162
    SS/D 427 Ford Fairlane NHRA-IHRA #2162
    mulit- NHRA-IHRA Recordholder
    multi NHRA-IHRA Class winner
    N/A 331 1985 Mustang 10.88 at 125mph
    Real Racer Cars Have 3 Pedals