Thread: Pics from Joliet

Pics from Joliet

I got some photography practice in last weekend, check here for the results:
    http://crashtestphotography.com/Cars...38191290_cmVDF

Re: Pics from Joliet

Those are some great pics! What camera and lense(s) did you use?
    Jim St.Charles
    First Pure Street car in the 9's
    2010 Pure Street World Record: ET and MPH
    2009 Sportsman of the Year
    Sincere thanks to: ProTree Race Cars, Woody's Racing Engines, American Racing Headers, Diamond Pistons, Downs Ford, Flying A Motorsports, Hughes Performance, Jesel, Lunati, Monte Smith Performance, Oliver Rods, ProSystems Carburetors, Schoneck Composites.

Thanks Jim. As Jason Reiss told me today, it's 80% where you stand!

I just have a Canon XSi with the basic 18-55 and 75-300 lenses (came as a kit). I plan to upgrade to a nicer lens that will allow more functionality like an 18-200 so I can get close-ups AND follow the cars down the track. But good ones aren't cheap so it might not be this season. I have a ton to learn about lighting and fstop and the list goes on. Hopefully they'll continue to improve
    Last edited by Crash Test Joey; 07-23-2010 at 08:49 PM.

Jason is spot on and you did it naturally. The angles and placement of the pics is what makes them outstanding. That was what I noticed first...
    Jim St.Charles
    First Pure Street car in the 9's
    2010 Pure Street World Record: ET and MPH
    2009 Sportsman of the Year
    Sincere thanks to: ProTree Race Cars, Woody's Racing Engines, American Racing Headers, Diamond Pistons, Downs Ford, Flying A Motorsports, Hughes Performance, Jesel, Lunati, Monte Smith Performance, Oliver Rods, ProSystems Carburetors, Schoneck Composites.