PDA

View Full Version : So what is the deal with the track?

34787lx
08-07-2009, 06:22 PM
After reading on stangtv and talking to a couple people at the track they are saying the track prep totally sucks. Why is it so bad?

Gray86hatch
08-07-2009, 10:00 PM
I heard it was bad first round. Got a little better handle on it for second round.

Tim

NMRA Jason
08-08-2009, 04:55 AM
This track has not had very many events at all, and the surface is green. There are quite a few folks out there as I type that are working on getting it prepped.

gasguzzler
08-08-2009, 07:37 PM
Heat, heat, and heat. I'm not there, but if it's as hot there as they are reporting, the track temps make it difficult.

Raceparts
08-09-2009, 02:43 PM
ZMAX is a joke, they have no clue on track prep. They had a chance to let the world see them as a top track to have events and have failed.

quick331coupe
08-09-2009, 07:23 PM
ZMAX is a joke, they have no clue on track prep. They had a chance to let the world see them as a top track to have events and have failed.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one that see's it that way. All I heard was good things going into Zmax and we (as well as many other racers) looked foward to going to Concord, because this was supposed to be a first class facility and nothing less. It was unbelieveable, so unbelieveable that you can build a facility like this and not take the time to level the pits. It was so bad that my golf cart barely wanted to push my car up to the lanes because of the big hill in the road. I also couldn't believe how rude so many of the zmax track personel were! This on top of the fact that the track was total crap both days that we were there and watching for what I got to watch, I couldn't believe any of it. If Bruton Smith can afford to build a facility like this, he should be able to mantain it, make the track prep correct, and get people who actually know what they are doing!

Mark Keiser
08-10-2009, 05:14 AM
Problem is, he only cars about the NHRA race and they do their own track prep. So there is no need for him to worry about it.

brian@afm
08-10-2009, 07:00 AM
I also couldn't believe how rude so many of the zmax track personel were! This on top of the fact that the track was total crap both days that we were there and watching for what I got to watch, I couldn't believe any of it. If Bruton Smith can afford to build a facility like this, he should be able to mantain it, make the track prep correct, and get people who actually know what they are doing!

First - I wasn't there, but, the video was pretty plain. That track was trash!

Second - The track personel working the starting line, along with another official of some sort (in a white shirt), were reckless and dare I say incompitent. I'm referring the to final round for Pure Street, just to be clear. I had been told last night that the individual "running" the hose for the water box had accidently sprayed the back half of Mark Anderson's car. Honestly, I was shocked and in a state of disbelief. I watched the video this morning on StangTV, (Thank you StangTV!) and noted that someone in a track uniform actually pointed and showed the gent in the white shirt the back of the car, but, was allowed to run anyway. If that's what you want to call it. Go watch the video, you be the judge.

nos84gt
08-10-2009, 07:02 AM
Did anybody see Pinks All Out last Thursday night, they were at Z-Max. There was quit a few cars putting it in on the bumper and carrying out wheelies, especially that Chevy wagon. They had no problem with track prep then. Or, maybe it was a little cooler and running at night??

RHecox
08-10-2009, 09:44 AM
Did anybody see Pinks All Out last Thursday night, they were at Z-Max. There was quit a few cars putting it in on the bumper and carrying out wheelies, especially that Chevy wagon. They had no problem with track prep then. Or, maybe it was a little cooler and running at night??

No, I was to busy watching "This has nothing to do with the event we were at"

You should watch it some time.

nos84gt
08-10-2009, 11:28 AM
No, I was to busy watching "This has nothing to do with the event we were at"

You should watch it some time.

What I was trying to get at is....People were complaining about the poor track prep at the NMRA event, but it looked liked they had better track prep at the Pinks event...Why is that? BTW Congrats on your win!! Watch out for that black 4V running teens.....

boostedperforma
08-10-2009, 07:34 PM
What I was trying to get at is....People were complaining about the poor track prep at the NMRA event, but it looked liked they had better track prep at the Pinks event...Why is that?

they had a nhra crew(I heard the one from Bristol) come prep the track. I ran our customers lightning at pinks and the track was awesome

pt race engines
08-11-2009, 05:49 AM
I would like to thank the NMRA/NMCA crew for all the work that they did to get the track in half way good condition for Sat & Sun. Because the crew at Zmax had no CLUE! What a shame to have a Track that is that nice but with a surface that was that poorly prepared. I feel I can drive a car about anywhere but zmax on Friday was dangerous! And on friday night I went to the tower and voiced my concerns to Charlie and his guys they listened and agreed to go out and walk/look at the track with me. Then TJ and Trey and the rest of there guys went out and got to work both Friday night & Sunday morning and I would just like to say thanks as your work made a major improvement in the track. And Charlie I would like to thank you also for listening to our concerns. And Zmax shame on you for not having a better track prep! that place was dangerous on Friday and you put me and a lot of my frends(other drivers) at risk because of poor prep,and I know that the conditions were not ideal but with some work it got better thanks to the NMRA guys. As most know I will complain when I feel something is wrong and I try to praise when a good job is done! so once again thanks NMRA for a good job. Dan