PDA

View Full Version : Reynolds Weather

96SOHC
04-03-2008, 08:44 AM
Not looking good at all! 50% chance of rain Friday (pm) and 70% on Saturday with thunderstorms:mad: Anybody know what Reynolds rain policy is? Finish the race on Monday, or wait to finish at another event? I know last year some of the classes got rained out and they waited until the next event. Who decides this, the track (Tim Brodey) or the NMRA? Be nice to know ahead of time if possible.

Riccardi
04-03-2008, 12:26 PM
This is in the General Rule section on line hope it helps!
Quote from the rule page
(Rain Out Policy & Event Termination)

It is the goal of NMRA to complete all events in the timeliest manner during the weekend, regardless of weather conditions. The NMRA and our partner tracks have a strict NO REFUND POLICY! No refunds at any time for any situation. If you enter an event, you knowingly do so at the risk of rescheduling, cancellation, curfew expiration and/or change of venue. If necessary, events will be completed by running late, or by extending eliminations into Monday or possibly another weekend or event site. In the event of race termination or cancellation gate fees for driver, car, spectator, or crew will NOT be refunded under any situation.

fiveohpatrol
04-03-2008, 12:40 PM
Not looking good, now it says 90% chance of thunderstorms on Saturday

holcombford
04-03-2008, 02:26 PM
this does not look good

NMRAPaul
04-03-2008, 02:39 PM
From the National Weather Service (www.nws.noaa.gov):

Tonight: Scattered rain and thunderstorms before 8pm, then a slight chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 61. Southeast wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Friday: A slight chance of showers, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 79. South wind between 5 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Friday Night: A chance of showers and thunderstorms, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 65. South wind between 10 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Saturday: Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly before 2pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 74. Southwest wind between 5 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Saturday Night: A slight chance of showers before 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 55. North wind around 5 mph becoming calm. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 73.

So, it looks like Saturday may be tough, but Sunday should be OK.

WLDABST
04-04-2008, 06:50 AM
NMRA, what if the weather clears tomorrow afternoon or for sunday only. Will True Street still be run? Or will the main focus be on getting the Heads Up`classes run. Just wondering, any info would be apprciated.

Thanks,
Larry

ewaters8
04-04-2008, 07:37 AM
i think it will clear by late day saturday been watching the weather all day just ride it out guys, and good luck!!! e.w.

holcombford
04-04-2008, 08:06 AM
I think we are going to sit this one out...with the price of gas and the rain that is going to be dumped in ga between tonight and tommorow it just isnt gonna be worth it for us to drive down. Hope to see you guys at the next one. If I was supposed to bring anything for anyone let me know and I will ship it for free. Just call the shop and ask for Blake.

Thanks
Blake Holcomb
Holcomb Motorsports

Riccardi
04-04-2008, 08:23 AM
Thats why I stayed behind isn't worth spending all that money on Diesel to possibly not do anything. Save up for the next one.

Donut
04-04-2008, 08:54 AM
Actually the sun has just started to burn off some of this muck and they are prepping the track, hoping to get cars going at 1:00.

holcombford
04-04-2008, 09:15 AM
yeah but its not gonna last....the rain cometh and they are calling for hail, high winds and 2-21/2 inches.

Donut
04-04-2008, 09:22 AM
The Weather Channel in the hotel room didn't say anything about hail or two inches of rain. They did mention 10-15 mph gusts.

Riccardi
04-04-2008, 09:24 AM
Its raining in Jersey!

holcombford
04-04-2008, 09:39 AM
that came from www.accuweather.com and noaa.gov

holcombford
04-04-2008, 09:42 AM
its been raining here most of the morning too

Donut
04-04-2008, 09:53 AM
It hasn't rained at the track for at least an hour... the sun is out (through the clouds, but out).

bfoley
04-05-2008, 03:33 PM
It isn't raining right now.. hopefully it will quit long enough for them to dry the lanes and get a round of qualifying in tonight...

doubt it, but I hope...