PDA

View Full Version : Just got back from KY

Not Fast Enough
10-07-2007, 02:43 PM
Enjoyed the show, this was my fourth year going, but someone shoot that stupid dog up in the press box!

Gray86hatch
10-07-2007, 06:53 PM
but someone shoot that stupid dog up in the press box!

agree 1000%

had a great time even with the 90 degree temps.

Tim

Redsnk95
10-07-2007, 07:21 PM
Was my first NMRA event and I had a blast as well! Just got back to Houston about an hour ago. Yes that dog crap was annoying but after awhile I just blocked it out.

9sec95
10-07-2007, 07:26 PM
It was pretty stupid and annoying. Still we had a great time and the turn out was great.

Stephen Johnson
10-07-2007, 10:43 PM
this was my 2nd time attending a NMRA race. I love it.

fiveohpatrol
10-08-2007, 06:33 AM
That announcer needs to go, how could no one at NMRA tell him to stop doing that annoying bark?

I actually enjoyed listening to the bracket announcer with the thick KY/Tenn accent :)

hrspwr
10-08-2007, 06:37 AM
I attended all of the NMRA races this year with a team and sit in the stands with the fans for many passes. If anyone from the NMRA reads this, here's some constructive criticism, take it or leave it. While some may find the antics entertaining, the object of the NMRA should be to build fans who will follow the series and eventually build a car to compete with the NMRA. It would be SO NICE to have an announcer who actually described the class and what the basic gist of the class is. For examples, pure street is naturally aspirated and under 300 CI but real street has a single power adder. It would also be great if he announced who was actually lined up to race each time instead of barking the whole time.

The NMRA had a great fan turnout this time. Unfortunately, it missed the opportunity to educate most of them about what was going on! My wish list for next year includes an announcer who actually announces the "play-by-play" so people can understand! Put Hasley or Chip on the mike. PLEASE!!!

Thanks for an awesome series otherwise and thanks to the fans who attend!

Stephen Johnson
10-08-2007, 10:55 AM
That announcer needs to go, how could no one at NMRA tell him to stop doing that annoying bark?

I actually enjoyed listening to the bracket announcer with the thick KY/Tenn accent :)

Drew

I was parked one row over from you and didnt know it was you!!!

NMRAPaul
10-08-2007, 11:09 AM
Here's an insider perspective on the job of announcer at an NMRA event. While I have never done it myself, I've shared the media booth with more than a couple of them, enough to know how tough of a job it is. Doc and Chip are two in a million because they are both entertaining to listen to for hours on end and know the racers and the classes inside out. I think we're a little spoiled because of how good they are.

With that said, I think that T-Bone did a great job this weekend all things considered. Yah, he's not an encyclopedia of NMRA knowledge, but what you didn't see behind the scenes was the way he quizzed me, Jason, and Greg off-mic trying to learn as much as possible about the points battles, personality quirks, and technical details of every class. He's a real fan of the series, and got up to speed very, very quickly because he's genuinely interested in it.

Just my two cents...

fiveohpatrol
10-08-2007, 11:30 AM
Here's an insider perspective on the job of announcer at an NMRA event. While I have never done it myself, I've shared the media booth with more than a couple of them, enough to know how tough of a job it is. Doc and Chip are two in a million because they are both entertaining to listen to for hours on end and know the racers and the classes inside out. I think we're a little spoiled because of how good they are.

With that said, I think that T-Bone did a great job this weekend all things considered. Yah, he's not an encyclopedia of NMRA knowledge, but what you didn't see behind the scenes was the way he quizzed me, Jason, and Greg off-mic trying to learn as much as possible about the points battles, personality quirks, and technical details of every class. He's a real fan of the series, and got up to speed very, very quickly because he's genuinely interested in it.

Just my two cents...

what did the insiders think of the barking?

ISSUES
10-08-2007, 03:25 PM
The relic in the staging lanes with the cowboy hat was about as bad as it gets. In the first round of Open comp he paired me twice. As I pulled out with the first car he paired me with he had forgotten he had already paired us. Then acted like it was all our fault. He looked like an ass when the guy beside him agreed that he had already paired us.

whats wrong with Lynwood? so the guy made a friggin mistake, GET OVER IT! i (and probably most of the racers here) have alot of respect for the guys in the lanes. while were all back in out pits taking shelter in the shade/AC, these guys are baking in the sun and heat.

why dont you try doing his job in weather like that, maybe you'll see things differently.

as for "T-Bone" announcing, we would like his lips stapled to the announcers table. that barking was nothing more than irritating. understandably there is a huge void to fill in the announcer seat but that was just ridiculous.

you never know, X-mas isnt too far off, maybe the NMRA will get the gift of Doc back :D

N2O
10-08-2007, 04:43 PM
i think the guy did a pretty good job but the barking has to go. we are all really spoiled to have had doc for so long. What ever happend with Tim Johnson he did a really good job

racingumby
10-08-2007, 05:04 PM
Easy to pass judgment when you are not in the lanes Tony. Me sitting in the air condition while they are working is not my problem, its their job to run the lanes correctly. Believe me, I wasn't the only one that noticed how poorly this event was run. There were some pretty big names up there bending that old cowboys ear. I'm surprised that hasn't made it on this board yet.:eek:

I did feel sorry for the all the bracket guys.... The flyer said racing and payouts on both days like at Columbus. Then after the flyers go out they change their mind and decide to only race on Sunday. There was a guy beside us that drove 6 hours to run B1 on Saturday, but had to return home on Sunday to pick up his kids. They at least did the right thing and gave him his money back. But it still cost him over $200 in fuel for their screw up.

powerhead
10-11-2007, 10:58 AM
Easy to pass judgment when you are not in the lanes Tony. Me sitting in the air condition while they are working is not my problem, its their job to run the lanes correctly. Believe me, I wasn't the only one that noticed how poorly this event was run. There were some pretty big names up there bending that old cowboys ear. I'm surprised that hasn't made it on this board yet.:eek:

I did feel sorry for the all the bracket guys.... The flyer said racing and payouts on both days like at Columbus. Then after the flyers go out they change their mind and decide to only race on Sunday. There was a guy beside us that drove 6 hours to run B1 on Saturday, but had to return home on Sunday to pick up his kids. They at least did the right thing and gave him his money back. But it still cost him over $200 in fuel for their screw up.

Poorly run? I say if you dont like the way its run dont come ,you wont be missed .I ve been to 10 races this year and I like the way he runs things...

Ben Mens
10-11-2007, 04:15 PM
Poorly run? I say if you dont like the way its run dont come ,you wont be missed .I ve been to 10 races this year and I like the way he runs things...

Trust me, it's done right if "Powerhead" is praising it!;)

ISSUES
10-11-2007, 08:53 PM
There were some pretty big names up there bending that old cowboys ear. I'm surprised that hasn't made it on this board yet.:eek:.

bending his ear or BS'ing with him and giving him something cold to drink?everytime i saw him through out the weekend many different racers were bringing him a cold bottle of water and talking with him. not once did i see someone bitching at him.

i guess you cant please everybody:rolleyes:

Expo_SVT
10-13-2007, 12:29 PM
The bracket announcer is the one and only Joe Morris from my hometown... Morgantown/Woodbury KY. He can be pretty funny sometimes.... I will let him know some good things were said about him...