PDA

View Full Version : The weather is here - wish you were beautiful

NMRAPaul
06-15-2007, 08:27 AM
Maybe I got that backwards...

Anyway, it's a perfect day here in Milan, the gates are open, and the racers are getting pitted. The forecast is for more of the same for the rest of the weekend, so even though the schedule is packed absolutely full with all our regular racing action, the second round of Vortech Outlaw 10.5 racing, the heads-up finals make-up from Silver Dollar, and the Ford Racing Invitational, we're in excellent shape.

More news as the day develops.

NMRAPaul
06-15-2007, 11:27 AM
Hooboy. Just drew cars for the Ford Invitiational - I'll be piloting a GT500 convertible with the "600 hp Super Pack" blower... On street tires!

"It only does 570 or so to the wheels," I was reassured. "Leave at 2,000 rpm, run through the gears, and feather it."

This should be interesting. My goal is no longer to win - it's to not be "that guy who blew up/crashed." :-P

NMRAPaul
06-16-2007, 05:41 AM
It's Saturday morning, and we're getting ready to run. The second round of qualifying is scheduled to start at 10:30 or thereabouts, with the final round of quals going off at 3:30. The weather is looking just as nice today as it did yesterday, and there are a ton of cars on the property - 98 heads-up cars have taken a hit so far, plus another 60 or so in Open Comp, Mod Muscle, and Truck & Lightning. With a bunch of guys arriving this morning, we should have right around 200 championship-class cars and trucks by the close of qualifying.

SANDMAN
06-16-2007, 12:16 PM
rd 2 start yet?