PDA

View Full Version : The NMRA invades Milan this week!

NMRAPaul
06-11-2007, 10:24 AM
http://208.122.20.134/filehost/files/11/milan.jpg

So far, the 2007 NMRA Keystone Automotive Ford Nationals drag racing series has been full of firsts – the first $20,000 racer payday, earned by defending DiabloSport Pro 5.0 champ Michael Hauf at the Bradenton season opener, the new Shootout Series, which rewards the top drivers in each heads-up class with a chance to win bonus cash and bragging rights throughout the season, and now, the first visit to Milan Dragway in Milan, Michigan on June 14-17. Not only will the 4th Annual Toyo Tires NMRA Ford Nationals bring the usual drag racing excitement, tremendous all-Ford car show, and manufacturer’s midway to Milan for the first time – there’s a bunch of special events going on that will make the weekend even better for racers and fans. On Thursday, June 14, Roush Performance, the sponsor of NMRA’s Modular Muscle class, is hosting an open house from 5:00PM to 8:00PM. Friday and Saturday, Ford Racing Performance Parts will be pitting members of the automotive press against each other on the quarter-mile in the Ford Racing Media Invitational. During qualifying, the final pairs from the previous event in Reynolds, Georgia will settle their rain-delayed scores in head-to-head racing, and 2006’s top eight drivers in Edelbrock Hot Street and Tremec Pure Street will duke it out, with $4000 at stake in Hot Street, and an additional $1740 up for grabs in the B&M/Hurst/McLeod Pure Street shootout. With so much to do and see, it’s a full weekend of motorsports action at one of Michigan’s favorite places to race. Don’t miss a single moment!

gilmoujr
06-11-2007, 01:06 PM
In the paragraph above, it is stated that the event is from 14-17 June. Milan track personnel have stated in an email to them that there is something happening (a track rental I believe) and gates will not open until 2pm on the 15th. Is there an expectation that anyone will attend the Roush Open House while having to tow a trailer to the Open House?

Unless I am mistaken, if the event starts on the 14th, shouldn't the racers have access to the race park for set-up, tech, etc. on the 14th and not the 15th. This concerns me because there is Round 1 of qualifying on the 15th and there is scarce time to get cars off trailers and through tech then to the lanes in the allotted time... Is there going to be so many cars that qualifying can't run 3 rounds on Saturday? Sounds like there is going to be this HUGE rush on Friday afternoon and evening...:confused:

Additionally, I know a few racers that will not be able to make it to the track until later on Friday evening. How late are the gates going to be open in order to purchase event tickets?

NMRASharon
06-11-2007, 02:56 PM
Jim,

Our event will start on Friday the 15th. We do however have some pre-race events going on in the area on the 14th, but the track is not available on the 14th. We will be opening the gates at 12:00pm on the 15th. On the flyers we advertised a 2pm opening, but will and always open sooner. The first round of qualifying will not start until 7pm, and we will run until we are done. As far as Saturday qualifying, we will run those as long as it takes to get everyone down the track. I do know that there is a track rental on Wednesday, but nothing on Thursday except for set-up of our vendors.

Hope this helps, if you have any questions, please give me a call.