PDA

View Full Version : Atco Was So Hot!!!!

7DMACH1
08-12-2005, 08:06 PM
I got there about 1:30pm. The heat was unbearable. Had to be over 95 degrees. Tried to walk around and watch some racing but my old a$$ couldn't stand it. Went back to my car about 3pm and put on the A/C. Jimmy Biggs showed up around 3:30pm. We met up with Charlie Harmon and road around in the golf cart. I talked to Roxanne Shepard about doing an interview with her for the "On Demand Video Website". I told here we would be back in the evening. Well Charlie took us to Atco's Bar which was air conditioned and felt GREAT. He introduced us to all the NMRA people. Around 5pm we went out to do some interviews but Roxanne's trailer was all locked up and looked like she had left. I guess due to the heat. I did find "Captain" Keith with his "Purple People Eater" Ford Ranger pick up. He is number one in points and could lock up the championship this weekend. I did an interview with him. We watched some more testing and left around 8:30pm. It still had to be 90 degrees. The forecast for Sat. and Sun. is Sunny and 96 degrees. God Bless these racers, I don't know how they do it.
I would like to thank Charlie Harmon and Ed Svoboda and their members of the NMRA for the nice hospitality they showed us. We will do more interviews and film the time trails tomorrow. They should be up on www.jimmybiggstv.com before the weekend is over. I will post a link as soon as they are.

Thanx, Ray Jermyn Sr.

NITROSTANGRACIN
08-13-2005, 07:53 AM
You should be down her in Sunny South Florida Ray. Heat like that is 9 months out of the year almost

7DMACH1
08-13-2005, 08:18 AM
That's why I live in Phila. Don't want this stuff. Supposed to hit 99 today!!! :rolleyes:

HS85GT
08-13-2005, 08:24 AM
So besides all the heat which we have also suffered in the Midwest most of the summer (plus draught), what's happening and who all is there? How is the turnout?

7DMACH1
08-13-2005, 08:29 AM
The turn out was fair, but it's only Friday. The one side of the pits was half empty. Charlie Harmon said due to the good location of the track a lot of people don't come on Fri. Atco is 1 hour from NY, DE, MD. and PA. I think a lot of racers consider this. People were still pulling in with their rigs when I left at 8:45 pm.

NITROSTANGRACIN
08-13-2005, 09:42 AM
That's why I live in Phila. Don't want this stuff. Supposed to hit 99 today!!! :rolleyes:

I know Ray. I lived in Phila for 17 Years. Lived in the Northeast at Griffith and Summerdale. That is where I grew up.

7DMACH1
08-13-2005, 09:43 AM
You know me??? What's your name???

NITROSTANGRACIN
08-13-2005, 09:46 AM
You know me??? What's your name???

I am sure we crossed paths many years ago. My name is Jeff. I have spoken with you in the past over on Hardcore 50. If I remember correctly you work at Northeast Lincoln Mercury correct?

7DMACH1
08-13-2005, 10:48 AM
Are you the Jeff that is a friend of Jason Kutners??? You're right about NE L&M