PDA

View Full Version : Bad Crash?

outplayn
07-29-2005, 03:48 PM
I heard there was a bad crash in HOT STREET?

Are they OK?

HS85GT
07-29-2005, 08:20 PM
Couldn't quite tell, but Toplinski and JR Huering were running i n 1st qualifying round. Toplinski had a wheel stand and looked like when he came down something happened with the steering cause he made a right turn across the center line and hit JR on the drivers' side door and rear quarter. Both cars were pretty bad, More importantly, both guys are ok. JR and car ended upon the left sid eof the track , and Toplinski was on the right.

Outlaw351
07-29-2005, 09:00 PM
I guess wheelie bars would have done nothing here?.:rolleyes:

HS85GT
07-29-2005, 09:27 PM
Actually, unless I see a replay that shows some benefit, the wheel stand was NOT that high. Unless you are going to set them all at the lowest (from the track surface) setting they can possibly be....................................

Fox
07-29-2005, 10:24 PM
I have the photos of the SAM's car.. I will post them up tomorrow.

Smurf
07-30-2005, 12:25 PM
bars would not have helped :p

BlackBelt
07-30-2005, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Smurf
bars would not have helped :p

Car did a wheel stand, something broke on the landing taking out two cars.

Please tell me how you know wheelie bars would not have helped.

HS85GT
07-30-2005, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by BlackBelt
Car did a wheel stand, something broke on the landing taking out two cars.

Please tell me how you know wheelie bars would not have helped.

As I said before, unless you would have set them extremely low, (as from video I saw late last night taken at the scenefrom the right rear), the wheel stand was barely a foot. Would THAT have helped preventing ANY wheel stand whatsoever?

BlackBelt
07-30-2005, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by HS85GT
As I said before, unless you would have set them extremely low, (as from video I saw late last night taken at the scenefrom the right rear), the wheel stand was barely a foot. Would THAT have helped preventing ANY wheel stand whatsoever?

Probably not. Thanks for the explanation.

HS85GT
07-30-2005, 08:16 PM
You're welcome John. As I recall from KC, Pat had an issue and slighter accident when an A arm broke which sent him into the left wall. Perhaps there was more to it as a residual effect of the first incident?
It's just a terrible shame to see two good racers and cars get knocked-out. This would have been the biggest HS field all year!
We wish them both, speedy recovery from any injury or hope they can return in the future.....

nyytrousboy
08-01-2005, 11:23 AM
Just a note the KC crash wasn't due to a a-arm breaking it was due to there rack and pinion locking up. As for this weekend's mishap I'm not sure I was standing @ the 330ft mark and it wasn't clear as to what went wrong this time. I did talk with Pat after the crash and wasn't sure what went wrong this time though. Hopefully they can get to the bottom of this and get back to winning and going rounds.