PDA

View Full Version : Event Preview and information

nmrajefftaylor
10-24-2012, 02:32 PM
The NMCA is proud to announce the inaugural Unlimited Shootout Invitational, sponsored by Paschal Performance, to be held during the NMCA and NMRA-sanctioned Nitto Tire Lone Star Shootout held at Royal Purple Raceway in Baytown, TX (just outside of Houston). The event takes place November 9-11, 2012. The Unlimited Shootout Invitational brings out the real muscle cars of Hot Rod Magazine’s Drag Week for an 8-car heads-up race. The time trials and road torture are over—it is time to go drag racing in full-size, full-weight street cars that are 6-second and 200 mph capable. These are not Pro Mods but real muscle cars with 2000-hp attitudes and driven down your street. The street moniker has been proven by Hot Rod Magazine’s Drag Week, which consists of over 1,500 miles through 5 states/tracks in 5-days.

A group of 7 Drag Week competitors have been selected to participate in the Paschal Performance Shootout with the 8th and final member of the invitational coming out of the True Street ranks. That’s right, the overall winner of the no-holds-barred True Street race on Saturday will be inserted into the ladder based on his or her True Street average. For those who are not familiar with True Street it is a category that is run at every NMCA-Flowmaster and NMRA-Keystone national event. It is open to any vehicle and has a limited set of rules. The participants complete a 30-mile cruise and then three consecutive runs are made after a brief cool down. The twist is that once the cruise starts you are not allowed to add more fuel or pop the hood. The True Street race at the Lone Star Shootout is a little bit different in that it has no rules, literally. So Larry Larson and Jeff Lutz could be lining up against a Pro Mod, if that car were to survive—and win—the True Street challenge on Saturday. The 7 Drag Week superstars will lead the 30-mile cruise on the streets of Baytown but will not perform the three consecutive runs with the True Street racers. Instead, the group of 7 will ready their vehicles for qualifying runs in order to set a ladder for Sunday’s eliminations.

“People wanted to see Jeff and I line-up at Drag Week on the last day but we both kept running in the left lane. This shootout will give us a chance to finally race side-by-side along with some other real nice cars,” says Larry Larson, five-time Drag Week champion and confirmed entry in the Paschal Performance Unlimited Shootout Invitational. Also confirmed are Jeff Lutz and his runner-up 1957 Chevy. “The fans wanted to see us run side-by-side at Drag Week but it didn’t work out. Larry and I have been talking for years about doing this, running each other heads-up and we will finally have that chance at Houston,” explains Lutz. Larson beat Lutz on this year’s Drag Week by a mere .011 seconds; Larson had a 7.081 average while Lutz finished with a 7.092 weekly average. The defending Drag Week legend has the final words that sums up the Unlimited Shootout Invitational, “this is going to be fun and fast.” The 8-car field will be running for prize money and the chance at winning a NHRA Wally.

About the Nitto Tire Lone Star Shootout

The fourth annual Nitto Tire Lone Star Shootout is held at Royal Purple Raceway at Baytown, located east of downtown Houston, over the weekend of November 9th-11th. The world-class racing facility hosts the only Texas event sanctioned by the NMCA-Flowmaster Drag Racing and its sister organization, NMRA-Keystone Drag Racing. The event consists of True Street Challenge, Paschal Performance Unlimited Shootout Invitational, Index and Open Comp categories, the N/A 10.5 Championship, Bracket Racing categories, Texas Outlaw Pro Mods, Car Show, and a Manufacturer’s Midway with the hottest car parts and show-only specials. For more information, cruise over to the NMCA Texas event or call 714-444-2426.

nmrajefftaylor
10-24-2012, 02:33 PM
Host Hotel info:

Hotel:

Candlewood Suites
1250 South 13th,
La Porte, TX 77571

Phone:
(281) 471-0555

www.candlewoodsuites.com

Special Instructions:

Ask for the NMRA/NMCA Room Block

Just across the bay bridge on Texas Hwy 146, to the 3rd Exit, turn left, and its on the right, behind Pizza Hut, accross from KFC and Krogers

nmrajefftaylor
10-24-2012, 02:34 PM
http://i1059.photobucket.com/albums/t434/jtchevelle/nmraeventlogo-1.jpg

Muscle Cars and hot rods from all over the U.S. will be invading Texas once again for the 4th Annual Nitto Tire NMRA/NMCA Lone Star Shootout at Royal Purple Raceway in Baytown, TX, the weekend of November 9-11, 2012. This "must see" event will feature everything from wild 6-second 200+ mph Pro Mods to Hot Rod magazine Unlimited Street cars and everything in between. There are lots of classes for competitors of all levels including TREMEC True Street, presented by Muscle Mustangs, Mod Comp, Super Truck & SUV, Bracket Racing, and much more. You will see some of the coolest Texas hot rods and muscle cars around as you cruise through the UPR Products / DuPont Custom Finishes NMRA/NMCA Car Show, and then take a trip down the Lone Star Shootout's huge manufacturers midway for great deals on the parts you need! Finally watch as Scotty Holdridge runs his 300+ mph jet car down the 1320 trying to beat the Texas land speed record! The best part is that Lone Star Shootout racers will have their combinations set ON KILL because all class winners will take home a famed NHRA Unleashed Wally courtesy of Aerospace Components.

RACE, SHOW OR CHECK IT OUT…THIS EVENT HAS IT ALL!
■6-Second 200+ MPH Pro Mods
■Unlimited Street Cars as Seen in Hot Rod Magazine
■Wheels Up N/A 10.5 World Finals Showdown
■Special Giant Mod Comp Class
■Super Truck & SUV Racing for Fast Haulers
■Tremed True Street Racing Open to All Domestics
■Bracket 1 & 2 Racing Saturday & Sunday
■Index Rumble Class for Mild to Wild Cars
■Huge UPR Products / DuPont Car Show
■Giant Manufacturers Midway
■300+ MPH Flame Throwing Jet cars

jboehm
10-26-2012, 09:46 AM
Are you still doing the shootout for the top 16 true street cars or only the quick 8 invitational?

jboehm
10-31-2012, 10:59 AM
Anyone know the answer?

Topfun99
11-01-2012, 12:37 PM
Are you still doing the shootout for the top 16 true street cars or only the quick 8 invitational?

I'm 99.99% sure there will be no True Street Shootout on Sunday. They are only running the quick 8 invitational.

If you notice the quick 8 format, the True Street winner has a slot in that race. It wouldn't make much sense to have the TS Shootout with the TS winner trying to run in both shootouts. ;)

jboehm
11-03-2012, 08:22 AM
Randy, I am pretty sure you are correct. I thought I remember reading several months ago there would be two true street classes at this years race. One following the regular established rules and one unlimited class. It looks like that went away and everyone will be running together. BTW, are you making the trip down this year?

Topfun99
11-05-2012, 02:41 AM
Randy, I am pretty sure you are correct. I thought I remember reading several months ago there would be two true street classes at this years race. One following the regular established rules and one unlimited class. It looks like that went away and everyone will be running together. BTW, are you making the trip down this year?

No, not going to make it this year, budget is tight right now.

fordmonty
11-10-2012, 07:21 AM
Is there going to be any live video streaming of the event?

NMRA Scott
11-10-2012, 08:24 AM
No video. We will, however, have live timing up in a little while.