PDA

View Full Version : Late Model EFI Is Opened up to be Index Rumble

Trey Capps
07-28-2010, 08:31 PM
Late Model EFI has opened up the rules and is now called
****Index Rumble****
It is still the same indexes and .500 Pro tree. We have just opened i up to more participants by removing the body style requirements.
Index Rumble is designed for domestic “hot rod” vehicles. Index Rumble is run as a chose your own index style class. Your chosen index from tech will be you set index for all qualifying and eliminations.

Index Rumble -is an all run field, based on an index which you must choose during tech in process. Once qualifying starts changing your dial –in or personal index is prohibited. In qualifying, the closer you run to your index, the higher you will qualify; Index Rumble will be laddered on a NHRA Sportsman ladder. All runs made faster than your dial-in or personal index will be placed on the bottom of the ladder.

Tree .500 Pro
Ladder Sportsman
Field All Run
A 32 or less car field will be laddered on a sportsman ladder
A 33 or greater car field is randomly paired and run until the field reaches 32 cars or less. When the field reaches 32 or less cars a sportsman ladder for the number of cars remaining will be used to pair the cars. Car placement on this ladder will be determined based on reaction time for the last round that was randomly paired

Class Designation Index Rumble:
CLASS DESIGNATIONS & INDEX
A-9.50 B-10.00
C-10.50 D-11.00
E-11.50 F-12.00
G-12.50 H-13.00
I-13.50 J-14.00
K-14.50 L-15.00

Index Rumble Purse

Winner-$500
Runner up-$200
Semi Final-$100
Quarter Final-$75

TXCAMSS
10-29-2010, 07:39 AM
We are looking forward to this event! We are glad you added it to the Houston event.

A couple of quick questions......

What type tree is used for the EFI index classes(.500 pro, .400 pro or .500 Sportsman)?

Is deep staging allowed if it's on a Pro tree?

Can racers run both the index and Bracket classes with the same car?

TIA

NMRA Jason
10-29-2010, 08:29 AM
.500 pro in LMEFI, Deep staging is permitted but it is your responsibility to get in and set.

You cannot run the index classes and brackets with the same vehicle.

TXCAMSS
10-29-2010, 09:02 AM
Thanks for the quick reply.

That's fair. Can I run the brackets in my car and run someone elses car in the index class even though they are running their car in the bracket class?

NMRA Jason
10-29-2010, 09:05 AM
You're welcome.

I am not sure on your question, I will forward this link to Trey, he can answer for sure.

NMRA Jason
10-29-2010, 09:16 AM
I apologize, I must correct what I previously stated. I just spoke with Trey on the phone.

Since this is a NON-POINTS EVENT, you may compete with the same vehicle in more than one class. You must purchase a tech card for each class.

ALSO, you must be able to keep up with the pace of the lane calls,they will not wait for you.

TXCAMSS
10-31-2010, 07:53 AM
That will work. I will pass on that info.

So just to make sure I'm not spreading the wrong info about the EFI class...... It is a an actually handicapped class where you run against other cars that are trying to run closest to their dial as well and the first one to the stripe without going quicker than their dial wins and the other is eliminated until the final two cars? It's not a 3 run deal where your ETs are averaged and the closest to their index wins right? I just want to make sure as I've had several people asking about it.

Thanks again!

Shadowlands
10-31-2010, 11:37 AM
EFI is NOT a true stree type class. This is an eliminator type class....two men enter, one man leaves. :D

It is a handicapped index class. You do not get to randomly pick an index number. You have to run against the established index numbers which are spaced out on 1/2 second intervals. 10.50, 11.00, 11.50, 12.00, etc, etc, etc. You pick one on these numbers and that is your index.

Trey Capps
10-14-2011, 05:04 PM
No Electronics.

BigRed89
10-18-2011, 08:08 PM
Can you please define "all run field"
We have cars that will fit in index B and C.
Is this for EFI cars only? We love index style racing just want to make sure our cars are eligible to participate.
Please list what's not allowed to run.

Thanks and can't wait till next month.

Brian Warwas

White90GT
10-19-2011, 10:59 AM
Just saw this, glad you guys are putting in some indexes. If I make it to the event, I'll run in the B class, ie 10.00 index.

So clarification is that this is a .500 pro tree for this index, not a .400?

Will these indexes be all thrown together in an all run, or is the 10.00 index to run all 10.00 cars, 10.50 to run 10.50 cars, etc...? Basically a payout for each class or one payout for all classes. If its all run, I'm assuming it will basically be similar to open comp in that you chose your index, that is your dial for the day and you will face faster and slower cars for the day at the tree?

Trey Capps
10-20-2011, 10:47 AM
Just saw this, glad you guys are putting in some indexes. If I make it to the event, I'll run in the B class, ie 10.00 index.

So clarification is that this is a .500 pro tree for this index, not a .400?

Will these indexes be all thrown together in an all run, or is the 10.00 index to run all 10.00 cars, 10.50 to run 10.50 cars, etc...? Basically a payout for each class or one payout for all classes. If its all run, I'm assuming it will basically be similar to open comp in that you chose your index, that is your dial for the day and you will face faster and slower cars for the day at the tree?

Correct, this class is one class where everyone runs each other reguardless of index. 10.0 runs a 12.0 etc... Tree is a .500 pro

Trey Capps
10-20-2011, 10:48 AM
Can you please define "all run field"
We have cars that will fit in index B and C.
Is this for EFI cars only? We love index style racing just want to make sure our cars are eligible to participate.
Please list what's not allowed to run.

Thanks and can't wait till next month.

Brian Warwas

We have opened it up to Carbs,

bob7by
10-21-2011, 04:46 AM
----- If its all run, I'm assuming it will basically be similar to open comp in that you chose your index,? ------

Except Index Rumble is a footbrake only class, no electronics and no transbrake. Correct Trey ?

Trey Capps
10-21-2011, 09:36 AM
Yes Foot Brake only

White90GT
10-25-2011, 07:05 AM
Ahh, footbrake. Thats a problem LOL. I've never even tried to footbrake my car since I put the new motor and dominator carb on it.